Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Questions for Tom
kendallina 05:17 PM 02-05-2017
Two quick questions:

I did not work this past summer. I realize that means that my Time Space % will be much lower than normal. Does that also mean that when I'm calculating utilities that I don't add what I spent in utilities for these months? Or does the lower TS% account for that closure?

I had an assistant work for me this year. There was about 2 months last spring that she worked full time and I did not really work (I just had a baby). Because the preschool was still open and still in my house, this time still counts in my TS %, right?

As always, thank you Tom for all you do!
TomCopeland 09:05 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by kendallina:
Two quick questions:

I did not work this past summer. I realize that means that my Time Space % will be much lower than normal. Does that also mean that when I'm calculating utilities that I don't add what I spent in utilities for these months? Or does the lower TS% account for that closure?

I had an assistant work for me this year. There was about 2 months last spring that she worked full time and I did not really work (I just had a baby). Because the preschool was still open and still in my house, this time still counts in my TS %, right?

As always, thank you Tom for all you do!
By not working over the summer it will lower your time-space %. However, you will apply this lower time-space % to 12 months of house expenses. You can count all hours your home was used for business as part of your time-space % calculation. So, when your assistant worked in your home, you can count these hours. You don't have to do the work to count the time your home is used for business purposes.
kendallina 07:30 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
By not working over the summer it will lower your time-space %. However, you will apply this lower time-space % to 12 months of house expenses. You can count all hours your home was used for business as part of your time-space % calculation. So, when your assistant worked in your home, you can count these hours. You don't have to do the work to count the time your home is used for business purposes.
Perfect, thank you so much!
Tags:time space percentage, tom copeland
Reply Up