Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>E-File and Daycares
badger411 09:31 PM 04-10-2017
I have a simple question this tax season: Why can't any company come up with a program that understands how to calculate business use of your home with exclusive use rooms? I tried H&R Block and Tax Slayer and neither one allowed me to use exclusive use rooms to figure my time-space percentage. I also tried to use freefillableforms.com, and they also would not let me use exclusive use rooms. So I have to file a paper return again this year. Last year it was because I couldn't find a program that would allow me to correctly amortize startup costs, this year it's because of time-space problems. why has this niche in the tax-software business been filled?
TomCopeland 12:32 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by badger411:
I have a simple question this tax season: Why can't any company come up with a program that understands how to calculate business use of your home with exclusive use rooms? I tried H&R Block and Tax Slayer and neither one allowed me to use exclusive use rooms to figure my time-space percentage. I also tried to use freefillableforms.com, and they also would not let me use exclusive use rooms. So I have to file a paper return again this year. Last year it was because I couldn't find a program that would allow me to correctly amortize startup costs, this year it's because of time-space problems. why has this niche in the tax-software business been filled?
Using tax software is problematic unless you already know what you can deduct, know what tax form it belongs, and know how to determine how much you can deduct for each item before you enter it into the software. H&R Block does account for exclusive use rooms, but you need to know how to answer the questions properly. See my review of this software: http://tomcopelandblog.com/guide-hr-block-2016
Tags:e-file, filing taxes, taxes - not done yet, time space percentage
Reply Up