Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Time/Space Question For Tom
Leigh 12:41 PM 08-03-2017
I have kids that I care for M-F, 7:30-5:30. I am considering providing respite care for the children on weekends (not every weekend, but probably 2-4 days a month). Mom is being encouraged to use respite because of their high medical needs. I will be paid through DSS for this, though at a much, much higher rate. Because it is respite, though, and not childcare assistance paying me, would I still be able to count those weekend days that I care for them in my T/S calculations?
TomCopeland 08:27 PM 08-03-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have kids that I care for M-F, 7:30-5:30. I am considering providing respite care for the children on weekends (not every weekend, but probably 2-4 days a month). Mom is being encouraged to use respite because of their high medical needs. I will be paid through DSS for this, though at a much, much higher rate. Because it is respite, though, and not childcare assistance paying me, would I still be able to count those weekend days that I care for them in my T/S calculations?
Yes, count these hours as part of your time-space%. This is still considered child care as far as the IRS is concerned, so claim all your same expenses for caring for these children together with your M-F expenses.
Leigh 09:07 PM 08-03-2017
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Yes, count these hours as part of your time-space%. This is still considered child care as far as the IRS is concerned, so claim all your same expenses for caring for these children together with your M-F expenses.
Thank you! Just the answer that I was hoping to hear!
Tags:deduction - respite care, dss, respite care, time space percentage, weekend care
Reply Up