Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Destructive DCK
Quiet Time 12:29 PM 03-03-2018
Interesting year of daycare. I had a DCK drop my computer off the kitchen table and managed to crack a tile (right in the middle). About a month later, same little guy tried to swing on an open cabinet door and broke an snapped the cabinet! It was older and needed replacing, but with these fixes be a REPAIR (one-year deduction) or Remodel (spread out over something like 29 or 39 years)?
Quiet Time 12:41 PM 03-03-2018
Interesting year of daycare. I had a DCK drop my computer off the kitchen table and managed to crack a tile (right in the middle). About a month later, same little guy tried to swing on an open cabinet door and broke the hinges and snapped the cabinet! It was older and needed replacing, but when all was said and done, it was just over $3,000 for the cabinet alone and over $2,000 when I fix the floor (tile is discontinued). Would these fixes be a REPAIR (one-year deduction) or Remodel (spread out over something like 29 or 39 years)?
Michael 12:57 AM 03-04-2018
Welcome to the forum!
Here are some threads regarding deduction on repairs: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...tion+-+repairs
TomCopeland 11:11 AM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by Quiet Time:
Interesting year of daycare. I had a DCK drop my computer off the kitchen table and managed to crack a tile (right in the middle). About a month later, same little guy tried to swing on an open cabinet door and broke the hinges and snapped the cabinet! It was older and needed replacing, but when all was said and done, it was just over $3,000 for the cabinet alone and over $2,000 when I fix the floor (tile is discontinued). Would these fixes be a REPAIR (one-year deduction) or Remodel (spread out over something like 29 or 39 years)?
In both situations these are repairs that you can deduct in one year.
Tags:deduction - repairs, taxes, time space percentage
Reply Up