Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Time Space Ratio
lovemykidstoo 06:06 AM 06-29-2018
I am using the KidKare software for expenses. I just looked up my time/space ratio and it was at 36.88%. Does that seem high? I use 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening 5 days a week for prepping and cleanup, usually an hour on Saturday for end of the week bookkeeping, 2 hours for sanitizing the toys, vacuuming the playroom, wiping down outside toys, laundry for the portacribs. Maybe an hour here and an hour there for anything else and I have kids 50 hours a week. Just don't want to raise any red flags with IRS even though I'm really not padding my numbers.
hwichlaz 08:26 PM 06-29-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I am using the KidKare software for expenses. I just looked up my time/space ratio and it was at 36.88%. Does that seem high? I use 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening 5 days a week for prepping and cleanup, usually an hour on Saturday for end of the week bookkeeping, 2 hours for sanitizing the toys, vacuuming the playroom, wiping down outside toys, laundry for the portacribs. Maybe an hour here and an hour there for anything else and I have kids 50 hours a week. Just don't want to raise any red flags with IRS even though I'm really not padding my numbers.
Mine’s 42 . It sound about right. I have kids 530am-630pm, plus other work activities and I host provider cpr classes and meetings.
TomCopeland 07:31 AM 07-03-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Your percentage is about average. Claim all of these hours. As long as you have a record showing these hours, don't worry about an audit. I've won audits where providers had many more hours.
Tags:kidkare, time space percentage
Reply Up