Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>After Hours Time
Sunchimes 01:54 PM 12-28-2019
I feel sure that I know the answer to this, but before I write off all of the hours, I wanted to double check.

My husband was in the hospital a lot this year. I used those endless hours sitting in the hospital to work on lesson plans and activities for the kids and catching up on forums. I kept careful count of the hours.

I just sat down to log them on the calendar, and it suddenly dawned on me that they weren't hours spent in my home after the kids left. So my question is, if I was sitting in a hospital room instead of my living room, are those hours not allowed to be figured in my t/s?
TomCopeland 07:51 AM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I feel sure that I know the answer to this, but before I write off all of the hours, I wanted to double check.

My husband was in the hospital a lot this year. I used those endless hours sitting in the hospital to work on lesson plans and activities for the kids and catching up on forums. I kept careful count of the hours.

I just sat down to log them on the calendar, and it suddenly dawned on me that they weren't hours spent in my home after the kids left. So my question is, if I was sitting in a hospital room instead of my living room, are those hours not allowed to be figured in my t/s?
Unfortunately, you can't count hours spent on business activities away from your home. It's good that you were with your husband, though!
Sunchimes 11:22 AM 12-29-2019
Thank you. There is no where else I would be except beside him!
Tags:time space percent, time space percentage, time space percentage - limits, time space percentages, tom copeland
Reply Up