Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Daycare Cameras
Baby Beluga 12:19 PM 02-24-2020
In 2019 I purchased 2 security cameras - one is installed in the classroom and the second one is installed on the front porch.
Both were 100% purchased for DC, but we benefit from the front porch camera outside of DC hours.

In regard to taxes are these a 100% DC purchase, or do I put these in my time/space % category?
TomCopeland 03:35 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
In 2019 I purchased 2 security cameras - one is installed in the classroom and the second one is installed on the front porch.
Both were 100% purchased for DC, but we benefit from the front porch camera outside of DC hours.

In regard to taxes are these a 100% DC purchase, or do I put these in my time/space % category?
Conservatively, apply your time-space% to these expenses because you do use them personally. Assertively, you could claim a higher percentage than your time-space% if you can argue that it's used more for your business.
Baby Beluga 07:12 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Conservatively, apply your time-space% to these expenses because you do use them personally. Assertively, you could claim a higher percentage than your time-space% if you can argue that it's used more for your business.
Thank you Tom!
Tags:cameras, deduction - security, tax advice, time space percentage
Reply Up