Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rough Play
Unregistered 07:22 PM 03-12-2020
I have a kiddo who struggles to keep hands to himself. He is 8. He constantly attempts to wrestle, push, run, & put his hands on his friends. I feel like all I do is redirect or move him away from the group. Today my own ds refused to go play outside & stayed in with Dad instead b/c he was afraid dck would tackle him again. He loves this dck who also happens to be a friend, but he says it's getting old & he doesn't like being touched all the time. Other kids are complaining too. Help! How do I curb this behavior?
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a kiddo who struggles to keep hands to himself. He is 8. He constantly attempts to wrestle, push, run, & put his hands on his friends. I feel like all I do is redirect or move him away from the group. Today my own ds refused to go play outside & stayed in with Dad instead b/c he was afraid dck would tackle him again. He loves this dck who also happens to be a friend, but he says it's getting old & he doesn't like being touched all the time. Other kids are complaining too. Help! How do I curb this behavior?
What do his parents say about this behavior?
Have you discussed it with them yet?

What type of consequences do you have in place for when he does this in care?
boy_mom 12:07 PM 03-13-2020
I have an 8 year old son just like this... we are struggling with him not understanding how annoying it is for other people when he is too physical and rough! The best consequence so far has been from peers, telling him they dont want to play if he is going to act like that. A kid at the park tackled him back and knocked the wind out of him.... and he hasnt tackled anyone since ��

If your son is comfortable (and I'm not saying this is his responsibility), he should tell dcb why he doesnt want to play with him! My kiddo has responded more to his peers' complaints than to us trying to correct the behavior ��

I also agree with a PP to check in with parents, make sure they are working on it as well!
Tags:behavior - aggressive, enforcing policies - consistency, school age policies
Reply Up