Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>App For Daily Health Check Questions
tenderhearts 04:46 PM 11-10-2020
I was wondering if there is an inexpensive app that parents can answer all the daily health check questions before coming to care?
Former Teacher 06:04 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I was wondering if there is an inexpensive app that parents can answer all the daily health check questions before coming to care?
My husband has to do it for his job. It's an affidavit so there's a paper trail.
Pandaluver21 08:22 PM 11-10-2020
I use daily connect. I can choose the questions and parents have to answer all of them before signing in!
Michael 03:00 AM 11-11-2020
More threads on Daily Connect and other apps: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=daily+connect
Cat Herder 05:17 AM 11-11-2020
I use Daily Connect, too. I love it.

I don't know why I waited so long other than fear of tech. It was really easy to figure out and takes so much record keeping off of me and allows so many ways to communicate with parents.
284878 01:43 PM 11-11-2020
You kind of treat when yourself with jot form woohoo or Google forms. I used jot form and woohoo for different types of forms for my daycare.
tenderhearts 08:30 PM 11-11-2020
Daily connect I haven't heard of it, is it an app where you add them and they answer the questions like procare? I will look into it for sure.
Cat Herder 04:45 AM 11-12-2020
Daily connect I haven't heard of it, is it an app where you add them and they answer the questions like procare? I will look into it for sure.

This is straight from their site. It is only $1.25 per child, per month. It does everything to include portfolios and assessments.

"Reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission with contactless sign-in and health screening procedures. A fully customizable health questionnaire can be set up each day for parents to sign-in their child. Answers are automatically shared with staff, and archived for easy access and for regulatory compliance.

Daily Connect allows the information to be passed from childcare staff to parents digitally instead of on paper handouts to reduce the spread of germs. Digital signature of incident reports and sign-in forms can be collected via the application. A report with the children temperature readings is easily accessible along many more reports." - https://www.dailyconnect.com/
Cat Herder 07:09 AM 11-12-2020
I wanted to update.

I just got my new invoice and it went up to $1.40 per child.

Still a great price when you only keep 6.
tenderhearts 08:23 AM 11-12-2020
But this is an app where you can have them answer covid questions (well any questions) before they come to care? like if they were filling out paperwork on the porch? I just need people to read these questions and so I feel like having an app where they need to answer the questions and submit before entering would be best. I just didn't see it on the site
tenderhearts 08:41 AM 11-12-2020
Never mind I found it lol.
tenderhearts 09:20 AM 11-12-2020
I know that I should just wait for the tutorial but I was trying to figure this app out beforehand lol. Can someone help me please?? Do you have to use parents email or can you have them use their cell phone number instead and do you have to send the questions to them daily to answer or can it be set up where it resets every day for them to answer them daily? I hate getting use to new stuff. thank you
Cat Herder 09:40 AM 11-12-2020
I know that I should just wait for the tutorial but I was trying to figure this app out beforehand lol. Can someone help me please?? Do you have to use parents email or can you have them use their cell phone number instead and do you have to send the questions to them daily to answer or can it be set up where it resets every day for them to answer them daily? I hate getting use to new stuff. thank you
Standby. I am taking a photo of my screen. I will have to resize to upload, here.
Cat Herder 09:44 AM 11-12-2020
They also have a free 7 day trial. It is a cell phone APP but also emails.
Attached: 20201112_123932 (600 x 337).jpg (48.8 KB) 
tenderhearts 09:45 AM 11-12-2020
Oh thank you so much. It seems overwhelming lol
tenderhearts 09:47 AM 11-12-2020
Do parents seem like they get irritated they have to sign in and out their kids each day? Mine always seem like they are in a hurry. I know they will comply if needed just curious.
Cat Herder 09:50 AM 11-12-2020
Oh thank you so much. It seems overwhelming lol
I felt the same way but was whizzing away with it in less than an hour. The parents love it.

Do parents seem like they get irritated they have to sign in and out their kids each day? Mine always seem like they are in a hurry. I know they will comply if needed just curious.
Not mine. It is state law. Mine also have to physically sign-in on paper because I am required to keep it on file for two years. It benefits them too, having accurate attendance records should they ever need them for court, they already have access to their own archives instead of needing your involvement.

You also need it for your time/space write-offs.
tenderhearts 10:04 AM 11-12-2020
Thank you for the upload. So do you have to send that daily or is it in there for them to do each day automatically?
tenderhearts 10:07 AM 11-12-2020
So when you set up the email isn't necessarily used? I just didn't see where phone numbers were put in, all my parents use phone not emails lol
Cat Herder 10:08 AM 11-12-2020
Thank you for the upload. So do you have to send that daily or is it in there for them to do each day automatically?
They pop up across the top of their page automatically if you choose that option. It gives three options. They can't complete sign in without answering if you click "required".

1. Ask questions at each sign-in everyday

2. Parents of multiple children have to answer separately for each child

3. Only one answer is needed for parents of multiple children

These can be health questions or survey questions. Any type of question, really, it is full customizable.
tenderhearts 10:36 AM 11-12-2020
Ok that makes sense, so when you add a child, do I have to put in their email or can I just use their cell number and I'm assuming you can add both parents. Sorry
Cat Herder 10:40 AM 11-12-2020
Ok that makes sense, so when you add a child, do I have to put in their email or can I just use their cell number and I'm assuming you can add both parents. Sorry
Email. It sends them a link to download the APP directly to your account, then it emails a summary each day.
tenderhearts 10:42 AM 11-12-2020
ok, do they use email then to sign in and out and answer questions? I just don't think each of my parents has an email address
tenderhearts 10:42 AM 11-12-2020
When you do this do you do a daily report? I wouldn't do that unless I had an infant, I would really only want to use the in and out and daily questions, and menu
Cat Herder 11:08 AM 11-12-2020
When you do this do you do a daily report? I wouldn't do that unless I had an infant, I would really only want to use the in and out and daily questions, and menu
I do. It is constant, instant, contact.

I just click what we are doing along with our schedule during the day - Centers - Art - Music - Mealtime/Menu - Outside - Movie - Book/Storytime, etc.

I snap photos several times a day and send them with one click to all or individually. It archives them all and allows me to chose what to add to their portfolios which can be viewed as videos, later. I also add messages, documents, recipes, menus, parent resource sheets and our full curriculum for each day. I get copies of them everyday, too, which helps me plan next years curriculum, in advance. I keep them in one email folder for quick reference.

It also has behavior, health, supply need and pretty much anything I will ever need to say to anyone. I can link my full contract so with one click I can re-send it anytime there is a question. They can access it at will, too.

I did not learn it all in one day. I continue to customize it to my program. It can be as simple or as complex as you want it. Same price.
Pandaluver21 11:47 AM 11-12-2020
If they sign in with QR code it's super quick!
AmyKidsCo 01:20 PM 11-24-2020
Before I started the Daily Connect sign in I put a screening on the door with a statement "Dropping off your child indicates that you have read this checklist and affirm that your child does not meet any of the criteria the require exclusion from care."

I have a paper copy with the statement and room for parents to initial and date if they forget their phone.
Tags:apps, covid-19 and daycare, daily connect, health assessment form, parent surveys, survey, time space percentage
Reply Up