Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Anyone??? Time/Space Percentage Help
Reimel61 11:03 AM 02-04-2021
Need some help on Time/Space. I've been closed 73 days due to Covid or Covid related fears at first this past year. This rounds out to 10 week and 3 days. How to I deal with the 3 days? Drop it or round up to 11 weeks??

Thanks
Cat Herder 11:35 AM 02-04-2021
I'd make sure to log everything business related you did each day, even if closed. Cleaning, planning, organizing, researching, yardwork, shopping for new equipment, applying for loans/grants, training classes, etc. Don't cut yourself short. "Other time spent"
Reimel61 12:02 PM 02-04-2021
Thanks, definitely "Other time spent". My brains kind of in a fog right now. Been working on taxes all week.
Cat Herder 12:35 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Reimel61:
Thanks, definitely "Other time spent". My brains kind of in a fog right now. Been working on taxes all week.
Believe me, I understand. That is why the $8 a month I pay for kidkare is worth it. There are kinks and quirks, but it keeps my business simple to run without clutter. Simple and easy to keep clean are my favorites.

It gets harder to remember everything every year, too. Logging in dai8ly takes all that worry away.
TomCopeland 09:56 AM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by Reimel61:
Need some help on Time/Space. I've been closed 73 days due to Covid or Covid related fears at first this past year. This rounds out to 10 week and 3 days. How to I deal with the 3 days? Drop it or round up to 11 weeks??

Thanks
Here's an article I wrote about how to calculate your time-space% if you were closed for a period of time in 2020:http://tomcopelandblog.com/calculati...entage-in-2020
Reimel61 12:02 PM 02-08-2021
Thank you Tom
Tags:other hours, time space percentage
Reply Up