Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>South Dakota?
Meeko 07:28 AM 06-13-2012
Is anyone here in South Dakota?
christinaskids 07:52 AM 06-13-2012
Me! Im in sioux falls
Breezy 07:57 AM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by christinaskids:
Me! Im in sioux falls
Al Roker said you are going to have some weather today! So jealous!
Meeko 08:40 AM 06-13-2012
We are thinking of relocating to South Dakota. Pros and cons? I understand child care licensing is easier there. But what about climate etc? Any and all info would be wonderful! Thinking of Rapid City area. We loved it there on a vacation about 20 years ago.
Blackcat31 09:47 AM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
We are thinking of relocating to South Dakota. Pros and cons? I understand child care licensing is easier there. But what about climate etc? Any and all info would be wonderful! Thinking of Rapid City area. We loved it there on a vacation about 20 years ago.
Wikipedia has some really good info about the deemographics and climate info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_City,_South_Dakota

I am still 12 hours from there so I can't tell you if it is anything similar to my area or not but it sounds lovely.
christinaskids 10:46 AM 06-13-2012
Rapid city has an awesome climate since they are isolated from everything from the black hills. It is awesomely beautiful too! The only drawback would be the economy there. Ive heard it is really hard to find a job so I would imagine that there are a lot of daycares there. Our economy in SD has been pretty isolated from any economic downturn since it is based a lot on farming, so in comparison to other places, it might not be so bad.
Reply Up