Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much in Late Fees Would You Charge?
Boymom 06:17 AM 12-12-2016
I was closed this last Friday. (It was planned so a lot of notice was given.) Last Wednesday, I texted both parents and told them I would discount tuition since I am closing Friday and that tuition would need to be paid on Thursday (the 8th).

Here it is Monday and they haven't paid me and I'm trying to figure out how much in late fees I should charge.

I charge $10 a day, so it should be $40 since they were supposed to pay me Thursday, right? Or should I just charge them late fees for Friday, Saturday, Sunday?

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if I should charge the $10 for Thursday!
TXhomedaycare 06:51 AM 12-12-2016
I would charge $40. My contract says I have a$10 late fee and after 5 days of no pay I terminate our contract.
nanglgrl 06:56 AM 12-12-2016
If my payday was normally on Friday I would just charge $30 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If I was unavailable on Friday I wouldn't charge the late fee as long as they paid today since that's their regular pay date. That's just how I do things though. If I'm closed for a holiday and it happens to be on payday and I don't want them interrupting my time off iboet them pay the next time I'm open.
Boymom 07:24 AM 12-12-2016
Thank you both!
Blackcat31 08:00 AM 12-12-2016
Fees are due by Friday 5PM or the last day of the child's attendance for the week.

If fees are not paid by Friday 5PM, it's an automatic late fee.

By the time Monday rolls around late fees are due X's 3.

I also double my late fee with each late payment.

By the third late payment, it's usually termination.

Daycare is not charity and I don't work for free.

I would charge your family the late fee for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'd also charge them for Monday if they don't pay AT drop off.
daycarediva 09:26 AM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Fees are due by Friday 5PM or the last day of the child's attendance for the week.

If fees are not paid by Friday 5PM, it's an automatic late fee.

By the time Monday rolls around late fees are due X's 3.

I also double my late fee with each late payment.

By the third late payment, it's usually termination.

Daycare is not charity and I don't work for free.

I would charge your family the late fee for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'd also charge them for Monday if they don't pay AT drop off.
I added the bolded to my contract a few years ago for this very reason. If they were obligated to pay Thurs. The late fees are $40.
daycare 09:39 AM 12-12-2016
Ditto. Fees are due the last day of the week your child attends care. So if their last day was wednesay, then they pay it then.

I also do just like BC.
Each late payment the fee goes up.

i used to do $20 a day until people tried to come over on the weekends or after hours to pay me. So now it's a flate rate no matter what.
AmyKidsCo 01:04 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
Ditto. Fees are due the last day of the week your child attends care. So if their last day was wednesay, then they pay it then.

I also do just like BC.
Each late payment the fee goes up.

i used to do $20 a day until people tried to come over on the weekends or after hours to pay me. So now it's a flate rate no matter what.
I like that idea! I haven't had a problems with late payments for a while, but I may add that to my policies just in case.
284878 08:35 AM 12-13-2016
I have it written in the contract that payment is due the last day child attends for the week. So if I close Thursday for the week, then that is when it is due. Anything after that is late.
Reply Up