Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Can NOT Win!
MG&Lsmom 06:22 AM 08-05-2011
So new DCG is probably leaving after next week already. DCD just went back to work after 2 years of being unemployed, only to have his trainer get ill and be out for a month. He's at interviews today and next week, so they've paid up for next week already, but gave verbal notice that unless he has a job start the 15th, they will need to keep her home. They are within their 2 week probation period right now, so they do not need to give and pay for 2 weeks notice. DCD is truly upset. He looked defeated when he told me. And I totally get it. Yesterday my other DCB gave notice as well. Retail worker who hasn't gotten any hours in 3 weeks. Can college start already so she can go back to work? I'm ready to throw in the towel...Ugh! Thanks for reading my vent.
Cat Herder 06:36 AM 08-05-2011
Sorry hun....
CheekyChick 06:53 AM 08-05-2011
I'm sorry.
MG&Lsmom 05:51 PM 08-07-2011
Keep your fingers crossed... just got an email for an interview tomorrow night. I have 2 drop in kiddos this week who's fees will equal one week FT tuition. Will be banking those checks in my super secret vacation fund Major advertising campaign going on here.
AnneCordelia 06:04 PM 08-07-2011
I hope the interview goes well!!
3kidzmama 08:21 PM 08-07-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
So new DCG is probably leaving after next week already. DCD just went back to work after 2 years of being unemployed, only to have his trainer get ill and be out for a month. He's at interviews today and next week, so they've paid up for next week already, but gave verbal notice that unless he has a job start the 15th, they will need to keep her home. They are within their 2 week probation period right now, so they do not need to give and pay for 2 weeks notice. DCD is truly upset. He looked defeated when he told me. And I totally get it. Yesterday my other DCB gave notice as well. Retail worker who hasn't gotten any hours in 3 weeks. Can college start already so she can go back to work? I'm ready to throw in the towel...Ugh! Thanks for reading my vent.
So sorry! I can relate on the unemployment issue... I had a baby lined up, then literally the day before she was to start, her father got laid off unexpectedly. The family was devastated. He still hasn't found a job, but they've stayed in touch in case I still have an opening when he does find a job.
Tags:frustrated, hard time, interview, losing spots
Reply Up