Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Did I Score or Did I get Taken For??
daycare 11:40 AM 08-15-2011
I just bought one of those little tykes computer desk only (no computer included) brand new still in the box from a lady on craigs list for $100.00.

I went to the little tykes site and saw that they are $2599.00 for the same exact desk, but with computer included.... I have a computer that the kids already use, but it was not safe from them destroying it, so this is why I got the desk. Now I am wondering if the computer that I already have is going to even fit in the desk?? Uh oh...I have tried to look everywhere to see what the specs are on it but with no luck.... Does anyone know if a standard computer will fit in it?? I am worried I just got a huge useless piece of furniture.

I hope this was a major score!! lol
Blackcat31 12:05 PM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I just bought one of those little tykes computer desk only (no computer included) brand new still in the box from a lady on craigs list for $100.00.

I went to the little tykes site and saw that they are $2599.00 for the same exact desk, but with computer included.... I have a computer that the kids already use, but it was not safe from them destroying it, so this is why I got the desk. Now I am wondering if the computer that I already have is going to even fit in the desk?? Uh oh...I have tried to look everywhere to see what the specs are on it but with no luck.... Does anyone know if a standard computer will fit in it?? I am worried I just got a huge useless piece of furniture.

I hope this was a major score!! lol
Good deal!! I used to be addicted to Little Tikes. (I've gotten help for my "problem" though... ) but you got a good deal I think.

I would call the toll free customer service number and ask them the dimensions so you know if your own computer will fit or not. 1-866-806-9061
CheekyChick 12:08 PM 08-15-2011
Wow!!! That sounds like a great deal!!!

At the VERY worst, you can sell it on CL for $125.00.
MG&Lsmom 12:12 PM 08-15-2011
WOW! I looked at that myself. Someone on CL was selling it for $400 tho. I really wanted it for my own kids and to save the computer from my 2yo DS. Post pictures when you've got it all set up!
daycare 12:16 PM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
WOW! I looked at that myself. Someone on CL was selling it for $400 tho. I really wanted it for my own kids and to save the computer from my 2yo DS. Post pictures when you've got it all set up!
lol my 15 yr old son offered to put it together....he made it to step 7....lol
I hope that we are able to get it together during nap time... lol I am really excited.

thanks cat for posting that number. i looked everywhere for that too....I guess I have bad internet skills...lol..
Michael 01:25 PM 08-15-2011
MG&Lsmom's previous thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28652
Christian Mother 01:37 PM 08-15-2011
I just found one on CL for $200. They said that it's brand new and sales for $499 plus tax. The picture is kind of small but it looks like everything is there. I've never seen one of these before. I would totally buy it but my kids are all 2 yrs old. Maybe when they get to be a little bigger I will get one. This thing is totally cool though!! **I think this one is ashually just the desk and not the computer or keyboard or software...lol...
daycare 05:39 PM 08-15-2011
So we just finally got the desk put together and the computer installed. It is a little bit bigger than I expected, but its super nice. I wanted to post some pics of it, but my computer drivers are not working?? Weird??

The only thing that I see being an issue is that the monitor has no way of turning it off and on. Also the monitor I have is a little smaller than the space allows, but it still works ok.

I am going to see if I can use a powerstrip and plug it into there so that I can turn it off and on each day. We don't really use the computer that much, but once our preschool program starts next month, the kids will all get to earn some time using it for a few minutes daily...

Maybe I can get some pics posted on here soon...
Tags:little tykes - computer table
Reply Up