Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Slip-ons
Country Kids 10:44 AM 08-09-2011
My goodness, my goodness, my goodness, what is the world coming to! Last night I was watching tv and this commercial came on for diapers. Huggies are now making slip on diapers for babies aka-PULL-UPS!!!!!!!! So I can just see it now-12 month olds will be ready to potty train because they are wearing these-
2ndFamilyDC 10:47 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
My goodness, my goodness, my goodness, what is the world coming to! Last night I was watching tv and this commercial came on for diapers. Huggies are now making slip on diapers for babies aka-PULL-UPS!!!!!!!! So I can just see it now-12 month olds will be ready to potty train because they are wearing these-

Isn't that crazy.
I just hate having kids come in pullups. I don't personally believe in them nor do I use them. But if a parent brought a baby to me with these new pullups I would send the pullups right home with them and say "bring me some real diapers".
Blackcat31 10:48 AM 08-09-2011
I don't think it is to potty train them...I think it is more the parents cannot assert their authority and get their children to lie still to be changed. IMHO. This makes it easy to allow the child to run the show...kwim?
Cat Herder 10:49 AM 08-09-2011
The irony is that it will actually be harder to change a wiggly/rolling baby and many will tear the sides out before getting them up past their thighs...
Country Kids 10:52 AM 08-09-2011
The thing is that even with these you are going to have to lay the child down to use the diaper wipes especially if it is a poopy one. So really why not just use real diapers. The funny thing is that is on the commercial-tired of wrestling a squirmy baby-Huggies has your answer-slip ons!
Blackcat31 10:54 AM 08-09-2011
The thing is that even with these you are going to have to lay the child down to use the diaper wipes especially if it is a poopy one. So really why not just use real diapers. The funny thing is that is on the commercial-tired of wrestling a squirmy baby-Huggies has your answer-slip ons!
Guess, you can't blame the manufacturer because if I could figure out a way to make a buck off this "new style" of parenting, I would do it in a heartbeat.

FTR- in my almost 2 decades in this business, I have never had a child who I was unable to change due to squirmy-ness that I would've wished for one of these diapers.
Cat Herder 10:55 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Guess, you can't blame the manufacturer because if I could figure out a way to make a buck off this "new style" of parenting, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Toddler Boarding School??
kitkat 11:03 AM 08-09-2011
Pampers has been making a similar diaper for 4-5 years already called Easy Ups. They go up and down like a pull up, but they really are a diaper and absorb like a diaper, not a pull up. I'm guessing the new Huggies diaper is the same...a diaper and not a pull up. I used the Pampers Easy Ups on DD. I started before she was potty trained to get her use to pulling things up and down, etc. I still use them now that she's potty trained, but only for night time because we have a bunch left. My mom bought them for DD, otherwise I wouldn't have shelled out the money for Pampers. I could not imagine using them on a kid any younger than 18 months. They are not a hassle to change when wet, except that you have to take shorts/pants completely off in order to put a new diaper on. As far as a poopy diaper, yeah, ya gotta still lay 'em down. The big down side is that the Pampers Easy Ups don't have the "tape" so you can't tape the mess inside the diaper to dispose of it. So glad DD was pooping on the toilet when she was wearing them!
laundrymom 11:04 AM 08-09-2011
Omg! While at holiday world we saw a teenager with a Jean style pullup over her thong!!!!
Blackcat31 11:04 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Toddler Boarding School??
OMG!!! Could you imagine!?!?! I can ONLY do this because they go home at the end of the day. If I had to live with them 24/7, I'd be on the fast track to the nuthouse!

Sadly though, I have a feeling that ALOT of my current families would take me up on the Boarding School thing!
MG&Lsmom 11:09 AM 08-09-2011
When I nanny'd in college, one of my mom's showed me how to change a poopy diaper without laying her son down. Since you can rip the sides, you can it it off without pulling down. Then have the child bend forward at the waist, legs slightly spread and you can wipe. If it's not solid and a boy, you might have to do some leg lifting and it's certainly not easy, but it's doable!

My son has sensory issues and has a hard time with being placed directly on his back. I use cloth diapers, but I've changed him standing up since he could stand unassisted.
Country Kids 11:28 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Omg! While at holiday world we saw a teenager with a Jean style pullup over her thong!!!!
I've seen those jean style pull-ups and the first thought I had was "Now, the parents don't have to even put shorts on them-just a pull-up."
sharlan 08:53 PM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't think it is to potty train them...I think it is more the parents cannot assert their authority and get their children to lie still to be changed. IMHO. This makes it easy to allow the child to run the show...kwim?
My youngest daughter can change a diaper while the kid's running. Not me, I don't have a problem with making them lay down and hold still. That's just the ogre in me.
Tags:diaper, diapering, diapers
Reply Up