Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Routines/Calm Bodies
Country Kids 01:14 PM 02-03-2014
Hi Everybody! Long time no posting (a few here and there). Been very busy with the childcare-major overhaul, classes, working on rating system, etc.

Anywho-are kids really getting to be so out of control that adults can't handle them. I don't mean big teenagers either, I'm talking about preschoolers/kindergarteners/primary grades.

I have always heard routine is best for kids but it doesn't seem to be easy for alot of them, so I'm wondering is there going to be a new scientific method:

My kiddos have always been a harder bunch. Had the same group for almost 4 years (preschoolers) and then most of my SA for 3-7 years.

We are very routined and nothing changes but they seem to have a hard time with behavior, resting,/sleeping, and just being friend, etc. I have always figured it was just my bunch for some reason but no!

Everyone I talk to says how out of control the itty bittys are and everyone is having a heck of a time getting kids ready for kindergarten because its seems they can't calm their bodies down to listen to anything.

Our kindergarten bus last week was 30 min late pulling out of the parking lot because they couldn't get kids to settle down. Twice they pulled them off the bus and restarted. The bus driver has drivin 20+ years and said she has never seen anything like this and its getting to be a daily thing. These kids having been doing this for 5 months now-they know the routine/expectations/rules.

Its like they don't get what it means to have a calm body, be still, listen, keep hands to their selves, etc. I thought having a routine helped a child but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Anyone else seeing this?
Tags:attachment parenting techniques, confinement, discipline - consistency, ipad, motion soothing, no cry parenting, video games
Up