Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thinking of Giving Notice
TGT09 04:27 AM 09-23-2010
So, I'm thinking of giving notice to one of my SA families. They have 2 SA's and I had them almost the whole summer. They are my newest family.

I'm thinking about downsizing to go to school and because we are getting ready to foster.

Is that a good enough reason to give notice? i.e. downsizing?

The kids are not well behaved and they don't listen. I put up with it during the summer when I needed the money more but it was before all of this new stuff in my life started.

I have had no parent problems, actually great parent interaction and follow-up. I really hate to do this but I'm just starting to feel overwhelmed with all the new stuff.
momofboys 04:37 AM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by TGT09:
So, I'm thinking of giving notice to one of my SA families. They have 2 SA's and I had them almost the whole summer. They are my newest family.

I'm thinking about downsizing to go to school and because we are getting ready to foster.

Is that a good enough reason to give notice? i.e. downsizing?

The kids are not well behaved and they don't listen. I put up with it during the summer when I needed the money more but it was before all of this new stuff in my life started.

I have had no parent problems, actually great parent interaction and follow-up. I really hate to do this but I'm just starting to feel overwhelmed with all the new stuff.
If you don't need the extra $$$ then I say do it! I let go of a problem family (more the parents than the kids) this spring & I never looked back. I missed the money a lot but not the problems the parents created. It sounds like these SAs bring extra stress for you & you don't need that! Good luck!
TGT09 04:53 AM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by janarae:
If you don't need the extra $$$ then I say do it! I let go of a problem family (more the parents than the kids) this spring & I never looked back. I missed the money a lot but not the problems the parents created. It sounds like these SAs bring extra stress for you & you don't need that! Good luck!
It's only $32/week.

I also think dcm might now be po'd at me because I'm taking two of my vacation days at the end of October. All of my other parents responded to my e-mail but her (which she was suppose to do per my request so I had a paper trail). I'm sorry if that affects you but get over it! I gave over 4 weeks notice and the kids have one of the days off of school so they can stay with a relative on that day.
DCMom 04:55 AM 09-23-2010
Sounds like a good reason to me Remember, if they needed to make a change that involved giving you notice, they probably would not think twice about it.
MarinaVanessa 12:39 PM 09-23-2010
Any reason is a good reason. Technically as long as you give them enough notice (whatever you state in your contract) you don't even have to give them a reason why, but I would give at least some reason just to end things in a good note. The fact that you want to downsize and go back to school are both good reasons within themselvesand they should be happy with that.
TGT09 02:43 PM 09-23-2010
OK, thanks all! I appreciate it. I have never term'd anyone so I guess I'm a little nervous.
Tags:terminate
Reply Up