Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sent Home For Rash, Told Her Bring Dr Note..Haven't Heard Back
Holiday Park 05:31 PM 11-13-2012
Yet ! His rash looked like strep rash. It was really really bad in his groin area.
Mom had to pick him up 2hours after drop off. I wanted to be better safe than sorry kWIM ?
Watch it turn out to be absolutely NOTHING and her bring him back tomorrow wirh it gone ! Ok now for my question... WWYD ? This is the first time i've had to call a parent for a rash . Second time in 3 yrs to call a parent tp pick up for anything ( last time was in 2010 for high fever) .
I think she's mad because an hour after she picked him up, she texts :

"He has an appt at 4 but the bumps are gone in the diaper area or I am blind. I put desitin on it anyway "
That sounds like she was pretty mad and probably thinks I blew that out of porportion . I love this baby and ENJOY having him here. I do respect her too much to make up a silly excuse just to get off early by having her take off work to get him. He is the easiest one and I have had the best provider/client relationship with mom so far . I don't want to expose anything contagious to my baby or the other ones I care for. I would do the same ( sens a kid home) for her if a different kid looked like he/she had something.

Anyway, I told her I was glad they are(the bumps) gone. And that normally I would have a picture to show her ( We text and I always update with pics&videos on mu phone) but that was his private area so I couldn't take a picture d that area. She replies back "yeah true" . This was at 11am , and it is 8:20 and I haven't hears anything since. She usually communicates really good with me. I told her when she got him, to bring me a Dr bote stating he could return back into my care ( or when he could) and to update me.

The only thing I can think of is maybe her BF took him and ahe went back to work, and worked the later shift to make up for having to leave her work. She is the manager so she has a little more control over her schedule. Ok , hmm I don't think BF has him. The three of us have a baby care APP on our I phones, that are lynked together. When BF has him he has been pretty religious about using it . No new entries...
Crazy8 05:59 PM 11-13-2012
only thing I think I would have done differently was show her the rash when she came to pick him up (if you didn't do that??).
Holiday Park 06:21 PM 11-13-2012
She dropped him off with it on his face and didn't say it was any where else . His arms and legs were covered up with his clothing. I reasoned with myself that it was only his face ... After she said it was from the jonsons baby wash. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt . Oops , not any more ;( I thought about it more after she left. I am actually going to write out a handbook with illness policy and everything and haven't gone on the puter to work on it yet( on my phone now) . Im the type who has always had a hard time processing things before realizing something is not right , sometimes. I had to make a quick decision if i wanted to take him with it on his face or not , and was scared I might be blowing it out of proportion if I said sorry I can't take him like that today.

When I went to undress him 45 minutes after drop off , to change his diaper, I saw the tiny little bumps on his arms and body. And it reminded me of the dcg who had strep rash many months ago.
When mom picked up, He was 1hour into his nap, just waking up. He was passed straight to her/the car seat. I did move his sleeve and showed her the bumps on his arm . It looked real bad in the private area at 8:45 . Bumpy, red, inflamed ... all over that area and in the creases. He went down for his usual 9am nap while I waited to hear back from mom . She picked up at 10. It wasn't until 11 she texted about not seeing anything . Is it possible it would all have disapeared in that 1 hours time, or even if it was two hours had she waited till 11 to change him. ?
daycarediva 02:50 AM 11-14-2012
This happened to me over the summer. DCB brought a full/new bottle of sunscreen and Mom said she has put some on him already at home. We go out to play, no problems, back inside an hour later for changes and he was COVERED but primarly under his clothing with a few spots on his face. Turns out it was HFM. I called Mom and she really thought I was over-exaggerating but dcb was out the rest of the week with it, he got it really bad!

Thankfully nobody else did, but they probably would have if I had let him stay/spread it around all day.
Holiday Park 06:34 PM 11-14-2012
So last night I waited until after 8pm and finally texted her to see what was going on. She replied back saying his rash got worse,he had an ear infection,the Dr drew blood But the Dr wasn't concerned at all ???!! AND here is the kicker, she said he would be back the very next morning.
I have not put my policies in place yet,so to be gentle with her, I emailed her explaining that if He seemed miserable at all, during my care, she may get a call again to pick him up. SO 30 minutes before his scheduled arrival time, I text her to please share a picture of the Dr note,before leaving to drop him off. (by via text) She replies back " He is not coming today" .So I asked oh no,how is he doing ? And she said fine, but that she didn't want to go in to work,if she was going to have to be called to pick him up again.
I was SO relieved !!! If I had a do over, I would have just said OH Im so sorry but if his symptoms are worse,he needs to stay home to rest for 24 hours. I'm actually about to go look for some contract/policy 's I found here on the forum..to go by in creating a new one. I saw a good illness policy,but can't remember where I saw it,so searching the foru,and another forum I also go to. The ladies on the other forum were saying if she shows up with out that Dr note (stating he can return to my care) do NOT accept him back.
I'm glad I paid all my little bills for this month,and happen to have 3 people who just emailed me about wanting childcare. If she throws a fit, well.....
nanglgrl 07:28 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by Holiday Park:
So last night I waited until after 8pm and finally texted her to see what was going on. She replied back saying his rash got worse,he had an ear infection,the Dr drew blood But the Dr wasn't concerned at all ???!! AND here is the kicker, she said he would be back the very next morning.
I have not put my policies in place yet,so to be gentle with her, I emailed her explaining that if He seemed miserable at all, during my care, she may get a call again to pick him up. SO 30 minutes before his scheduled arrival time, I text her to please share a picture of the Dr note,before leaving to drop him off. (by via text) She replies back " He is not coming today" .So I asked oh no,how is he doing ? And she said fine, but that she didn't want to go in to work,if she was going to have to be called to pick him up again.
I was SO relieved !!! If I had a do over, I would have just said OH Im so sorry but if his symptoms are worse,he needs to stay home to rest for 24 hours. I'm actually about to go look for some contract/policy 's I found here on the forum..to go by in creating a new one. I saw a good illness policy,but can't remember where I saw it,so searching the foru,and another forum I also go to. The ladies on the other forum were saying if she shows up with out that Dr note (stating he can return to my care) do NOT accept him back.
I'm glad I paid all my little bills for this month,and happen to have 3 people who just emailed me about wanting childcare. If she throws a fit, well.....
This parent seems like a jerk. I would contact the interested people and see if you can replace her. The first thing she did was bring her child with an odd rash. Then she complained about picking her child up and acted like you were overreacting. Then she tries to act like you're crazy by saying she doesn't see the bumps. Then she doesn't text you to say what the diagnosis was and makes you call her. Then she planned on bringing the child the next day knowing full well the child should not come to daycare. She was probably hoping you wouldn't ask to see the doctor's note (which probably had the word contagious on it). She did throw a fit and an iron clad illness policy is not going to change her rude behavior.
What is this baby care app you use? Do you have to put every little thing in it throughout the day?
Tags:doctor's note, rash, sent home - sickness
Reply Up