Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Post Pic Here from Smart Phone
Oneluckymom 08:10 AM 07-26-2013
Can anyone tell me how to post a pic?
Blackcat31 08:16 AM 07-26-2013
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
Can anyone tell me how to post a pic?
If you are uploading a photo from your computer, just click the little paper clip icon above ^^. It will open up a window where you can browse and choose the picture from your PC.

You can also post a photo from another site or from anywhere on the internet using the little yellow square (with gray mountains in it) above ^^. If you use that icon, you will need to enter the photos URL.

Hope that help....let me know if you figure it out

the icons I am referring to appear when you are actually posting/typing (after clicking Post Reply or Quote).....you can't see them while just reading. Sorry...should have clarified...
MamaBearCanada 09:01 AM 07-26-2013
Is there a way to post pictures from the photo gallery on my IPhone?
Blackcat31 09:06 AM 07-26-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
Is there a way to post pictures from the photo gallery on my IPhone?
I have no idea..... I always download my iphone pictures to my laptop and then upload the regular way.

I'm sure Michael will know and chime in when he reads this....
Michael 01:08 PM 07-26-2013
Let me see

Yes you can click the attachment icon and you can upload a picture from your iPhone gallery or even shoot a picture and upload it.

The attachment below is from my iPhone
Attached: image.jpg (83.3 KB) 
Familycare71 03:05 PM 07-26-2013
Did it work???
Attached: 1.jpg (56.3 KB) 
daycarediva 03:25 PM 07-26-2013
hahahaha! My Mom bought my kids one of those, and I went in it, like a giant hamster wheel!
Michael 04:42 PM 07-26-2013
Originally Posted by Christie71:
Did it work???
Yes, but word of advice. Unless its a portrait, take pictures horizontally.
Hunni Bee 04:48 PM 07-26-2013
That doesn't work on my phone. When I press the "browse" button it just does nothing, refreshing the page doesn't work.

I have a Windows phone (a crappy Samsung one, not my dear old HTC) so there's lots of normal things it doesn't do.

I wanted to post some more recent pics of my baby, but I guess I'll have to email them to BC again...
Cradle2crayons 05:55 PM 07-26-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
Yes, but word of advice. Unless its a portrait, take pictures horizontally.
Yes that's my problem on here... Everywhere else it recognizes the orientation but on this forum I have to do all pictures horizontal.. If its an old picture I've done up and down it always puts it sideways
MamaBearCanada 07:24 PM 07-26-2013
I clicked on the paper clip attachment but I couldn't click on anything on the next page it was "greyed" out. What am I doing wrong?
Familycare71 07:46 PM 07-26-2013
I'm on an iPhone-I clicked on the paper clip- i clicked on the load image- I picked one and saw it next to the first load image... I closed the page (button at the bottom) and wrote what I did and hit post.

Why do I have to take picture horizontally?
MamaBearCanada 08:08 PM 07-26-2013
I'm on an iPhone-I clicked on the paper clip- i clicked on the load image- I picked one and saw it next to the first load image... I closed the page (button at the bottom) and wrote what I did and hit post.

Why do I have to take picture horizontally?
Ok so I clicked on the paper clip but on the next page nowhere does it say load image...

There are 4 tabs in the firt section under "upload file from your computer" that say "choose file" but they are grey and nothing happens when I press them

Then there are 5 empty bars under the next section "upload file from a URL"

Am I missing something?
Familycare71 08:11 PM 07-26-2013
Ok so I clicked on the paper clip but on the next page nowhere does it say load image...

There are 4 tabs in the firt section under "upload file from your computer" that say "choose file" but they are grey and nothing happens when I press them

Then there are 5 empty bars under the next section "upload file from a URL"

Am I missing something?
Yes- I could push the upload file and it took me to my pictures in my phone. I am not sure why you can't...
How do I "re orientate" a picture? I saw mine was edited...
Cradle2crayons 01:54 AM 07-27-2013
If I want to upload a picture I've already taken....

I upload it to photogucket first... Then grab the URL then do it where you say upload from URL and it will display it correctly.

If I take a picture just for here, I do it sideways instead of up and down (which seems this should or could be fixed somewhere in the programming of the forum)

I hope that helps.

Photobucket is free and easy to use... And then it's always stored there.

I try to make a habit of just uploading everything there and then I can pull it over here if I need it.
Cradle2crayons 02:07 AM 07-27-2013
And how I get to it is when I hit reply to post....

Then go under this box where it says "manage attachments" let me see if I can insert that picture here e correct way....

Then after I click on manage extensions...I see the area where I can upload attachments. As hopefully you can see below lol

When you hit choose file.. It gives you the option of taking a new picture or inserting one you've already taken. If you are taking a new picture, take it horizontally. If its one you've already taken and its up and down, it may put it sideways because it can haha. When you take or choose a file, then you upload it. This one I took up and down of a small water park I took the kids to yesterday.. So it will probably show you sideways.
You can also upload a file from URL as well. For some reason it will usually only let me upload one at a time from my iPad. Not sure why.

Once your photo says its uploaded you hit close this window and you are done.

It will bring you back to the box you were typing in and under this box you can see the attach,met under " additional options"

Then just hit submit reply.

I hope all this codes correctly lol
Attached: 2.jpg (60.3 KB) 
Cradle2crayons 02:11 AM 07-27-2013
Notice if you upload from here, it doesn't really eat you choose where to put it, so I'm not sure you can like type above and below like I did up there.

Photobucket is easy.

Mainly because its quick to upload... And because you can take the picture however you want to.... And then when it's done uploading.... Click on the picture you just uploaded and over to the right, copy the link choice that says IMG and it outs it exactly where you pasted they link here.

Easy as pie!!
Blackcat31 06:43 AM 07-27-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

I wanted to post some more recent pics of my baby, but I guess I'll have to email them to BC again...
ANY TIME!! Just send them to me, shoot me a PM that you did and I will happily post them anytime for you!

Would love to see how much she's grown already!
Hunni Bee 09:33 AM 07-27-2013
I clicked on the paper clip attachment but I couldn't click on anything on the next page it was "greyed" out. What am I doing wrong?
That's basically how mine is, its not greyed out it just does nothing when you press it.

What OS do you have?
Michael 10:05 AM 07-27-2013
I'm going to do a step by step presentation when I get home later so everyone can walk thought the steps on how to do this.

The main thing is to hit the BROWSE button to look at your picture gallery, then choose the picture. Next you need to hit the UPLOAD button then close the window.

There may be some file size limits that I need to update in the forum admin options section but i am sure we can get it to work if everyone explains to me what there are experiencing. I use an iPhone to upload but there are other smartphones that may I may need to adjust to here.
Cradle2crayons 10:07 AM 07-27-2013
I'm going to do a step by step presentation when I get home later so everyone can walk thought the steps on how to do this.

The main thing is to hit the BROWSE button to look at your picture gallery, then choose the picture. Next you need to hit the UPLOAD button then close the window.

There may be some file size limits that I need to update in the forum admin options section but i am sure we can get it to work if everyone explains to me what there are experiencing. I use an iPhone to upload but there are other smartphones that may I may need to adjust to here.
Lol my picture presentation wasn't good cries haha....

Please post yours, I'm not real technical at all on this forum. It's very different than what I'm used to.
MamaBearCanada 10:34 AM 07-27-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
That's basically how mine is, its not greyed out it just does nothing when you press it.

What OS do you have?
IPhone 4
Familycare71 12:03 PM 07-27-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Lol my picture presentation wasn't good cries haha....

Please post yours, I'm not real technical at all on this forum. It's very different than what I'm used to.
I thought it was wonderful!!! Def beat my description! Hahaha
Cradle2crayons 02:45 PM 07-27-2013
I thought it was wonderful!!! Def beat my description! Hahaha
Lol I'd had my iPad a good month before I even discovered how to screen shot and I had to google for that lol.
Michael 04:20 PM 07-27-2013
And how I get to it is when I hit reply to post....

Then go under this box where it says "manage attachments" let me see if I can insert that picture here e correct way....

Then after I click on manage extensions...I see the area where I can upload attachments. As hopefully you can see below lol

When you hit choose file.. It gives you the option of taking a new picture or inserting one you've already taken. If you are taking a new picture, take it horizontally. If its one you've already taken and its up and down, it may put it sideways because it can haha. When you take or choose a file, then you upload it. This one I took up and down of a small water park I took the kids to yesterday.. So it will probably show you sideways.
You can also upload a file from URL as well. For some reason it will usually only let me upload one at a time from my iPad. Not sure why.

Once your photo says its uploaded you hit close this window and you are done.

It will bring you back to the box you were typing in and under this box you can see the attach,met under " additional options"

Then just hit submit reply.

I hope all this codes correctly lol
You did such a great job explaining it that I just highlighted the important spots on your images.
Familycare71 04:36 PM 07-27-2013
Lol I'd had my iPad a good month before I even discovered how to screen shot and I had to google for that lol.
Screen shots rock!! ESP to keep texts from dcp!
Cradle2crayons 06:21 PM 07-27-2013
You did such a great job explaining it that I just highlighted the important spots on your images.
Thank you... I have no idea how to highlight or circle things on my iPad...

I assume there is an app for that??

Thanks Michael !!!
Michael 11:07 AM 07-28-2013
Thank you... I have no idea how to highlight or circle things on my iPad...

I assume there is an app for that??

Thanks Michael !!!
I wish! No I used my desktop to do it using ULead Photo Impact.
LK5kids 05:43 PM 07-28-2013
Okay.....how do I do it from an I-pad? Thanks!
MamaBearCanada 07:55 PM 07-28-2013

The problem I have is that the 4 "Choose File" tabs are a very faint grey and nothing happens when I click on them so I cannot choose a file from my IPhone or IPad gallery (I've tried on both). Maybe I don't have the right kind of IPhone? (I have the IPhone4)
Cradle2crayons 10:08 PM 07-28-2013
Originally Posted by LK5kids:
Okay.....how do I do it from an I-pad? Thanks!
The examples posted ARE straight from my iPad... Screen shots and all
MarinaVanessa 12:04 AM 07-29-2013
Did it work???
Ha ha, awesome. I love it. We have two of those.
Michael 02:55 AM 07-29-2013
The problem I have is that the 4 "Choose File" tabs are a very faint grey and nothing happens when I click on them so I cannot choose a file from my IPhone or IPad gallery (I've tried on both). Maybe I don't have the right kind of IPhone? (I have the IPhone4)
My wife has an iPad. I will check.
Cradle2crayons 02:56 AM 07-29-2013
Is that when you click e paper clip??

Or when yu hit "submit reply" and then scroll under the typing box and hit "manage attachments"??
MamaBearCanada 05:32 AM 07-29-2013
Is that when you click e paper clip??

Or when yu hit "submit reply" and then scroll under the typing box and hit "manage attachments"??
Both.
Blackcat31 08:39 AM 07-29-2013
I have an i-phone 4S. I can post pictures from my phone and the "choose file" tabs are not gray......

Do you think it could be a setting on your phone that isn't enabled??

I have NO clue, just thinking settings or something as usually that's my problem anytime I can't do something with my phone...
Lyss 09:18 AM 07-29-2013
I'm on android and am having the same issues. I can get to the "choose file" screen and nothing happens Maybe if I mess with my settings I'll figure it out
Lyss 09:40 AM 07-29-2013
The only way I can do it directly fron my phone is with the photobucket app installed on my phone

Copying img link from photobucket app directly into posting:

Or following the same instructions as above but instead of clicking "choose file" I copy the "direct" link code from photo bucket app into the "upload file from url" section below where it says "choose file" and it shows it as an attachment
Attached: 20130726_170043_zps4ea62f90.jpg (52.5 KB) 
Michael 12:37 PM 07-29-2013

I can upload from my iPad with no problem. I also have the iPhone 4 and can upload with no problem.
Attached: image.jpg (61.0 KB) 
Cradle2crayons 12:48 PM 07-29-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
The only way I can do it directly fron my phone is with the photobucket app.

Copying img link from photobucket app directly into posting:

Or following the same instructions as above but instead of clicking "choose file" I copy the "direct" link code from photo bucket app into the "upload file from url" section below where it says "choose file" and it shows it as an attachment
Yes I like to use photogucket too... Mainly because I can paste the code directly into the box here. And the picture will go right where it should.

Lol I'm going to do a complete tutorial and post it on my private website and post a link here showing several different ways.

I love doing tutorials and its been a while
Michael 02:11 PM 07-29-2013
Yes I like to use photogucket too... Mainly because I can paste the code directly into the box here. And the picture will go right where it should.

Lol I'm going to do a complete tutorial and post it on my private website and post a link here showing several different ways.

I love doing tutorials and its been a while
Picture links are easy to use. The only problem with them is if the company changes hands or goes out of business or the link address changes the picture here disappears. Maybe that's a good thing for some.
Tags:forum question, pictures, smart phone, uploading pictures
Reply Up