Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Changing Daycare Hours

Has anyone else successfully changed their daycare hours? I am currently open from 7am-5:30pm, and only one family is scheduled to pick up after 5:00. This is also the family that I am hoping to age out. I have a family that is set to begin enrollment in May, and they will be picking up at 4:30pm. Mom is a surgical nurse, so there may be the occasional late pick up, but that has been discussed. I am not sure if I should change my closing time or not, due to that "maybe" factor.

Here is what I am thinking of sending out, please let me know if it needs anything else. I hate sending out notices!

Dear DCP-
As of March 14st, 2016 FCC's hours of operation will be from 7:00am-5:00pm. This change is due to there not being a sufficient need to provide care after 5:00pm, as all other pickups for enrolled children will be no later than 5:00pm.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I changed my hours twice, and I have been open for five years. The first time my regular hours were 7am-4:30pm, and I changed because I was getting burnt out, and a couple families could pick up by 4pm, just choose not too which irritated me a bit since they were here from open to close, plus they were my problem families so I didn't mind if they left due to the change, which they did The second time my hours were 7am-4pm and because my dd started school I needed to adjust my hours to accommodate her school hours so I could take her and pick her up from school so I changed my hours to 8am-3pm and I am so much happier. I did have to also adjust my fees which I didn't mind too much since I charge the higher end for our area. Both times I just wrote a note stating that due to changing circumstances I needed to change hours. I was worried at first that my shorter hours would hurt my enrollment since most daycares are open 7am-5/5:30pm. Families that I wanted to stay stayed, and those I didn't mind leaving left. And I enrolled families that had flexible hours.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:58 PM
ChairMom @ Daycare.com

Here are more threads on Change of Hours Letter: http://daycare.com/forum/tags.php?ta...f+hours+letter

Tags
change of hours and contract, change of hours letter