Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Immunizations
daycare 07:19 AM 02-22-2011
Does anyone have a form that they require their parents to sign if their child received immunizations before receiving care that day?
marniewon 07:32 AM 02-22-2011
I'm not sure I understand. Like if they have a doc appt that morning and bring them in the afternoon?
DCMomOf3 07:43 AM 02-22-2011
No, I don't require that i'm notified but my parents usually tell me just in case. I see the band-aids on the legs even if they don't. Are you wondering because of potential side effects from shots?
daycare 07:58 AM 02-22-2011
the reason that I ask is because most allergic reactions or serious side effects to immunizations will occur within the first hours...
Autismworld 08:13 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Does anyone have a form that they require their parents to sign if their child received immunizations before receiving care that day?
I am required by the State/County to have up to date immunizations on file. My county provides a form similar to the ones our schools use. All of my parents inform me when they are having immunizations so I can get them to update their forms and so I am aware of any side effects that may happen on my clock.
daycare 08:16 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by Autismworld:
I am required by the State/County to have up to date immunizations on file. My county provides a form similar to the ones our schools use. All of my parents inform me when they are having immunizations so I can get them to update their forms and so I am aware of any side effects that may happen on my clock.
I am also required to have up todate forms, but need a form that requires parents to notify me when their child receives immnuizations..
do you have anything like that??
Autismworld 08:29 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I am also required to have up todate forms, but need a form that requires parents to notify me when their child receives immnuizations..
do you have anything like that??
I do not have a form requiring this, but I do have it in my written policies that they inform me and keep their childs immunization file up to date with me.

It would be fairly simply to create a form... I would create a form that state something like...

I will keep my childs immunization file up to date with the child care and will notify the provider prior to immunization appointments or immediately following to assure side effects can be watched for and so my childs records stay current within policy.

Or something similar to that.... have a place for the parent to sign this agreement and staple it to the immunization form that they are required to keep up to date.
daycare 08:46 AM 02-22-2011
maybe I didnt explain myself the right way...lol

i also require the same as you and it is written in my PHB that they are required to keep their childs records up to date...

I just wanted a form for the parents to sign the day of getting the immunization so that I would know to look for any side effects..

I read an artice some time ago how a parent dropped her child off at DC and did not inform the provider that the child had gotten immunizations in the morning before goning to DC... The provider put the child down to nap and the child had a seizure and it resulted in brain damage. some how, the DC providedr was charged with shaken baby????

I know there is no way we can stop side effects, but I just wonder to cover my butt..
Autismworld 09:03 AM 02-22-2011
Our clinics provide parents with a page of information on each immunization that is given that day... lists side effects etc... maybe you could make it a requirement that immediately upon returning to childcare after immunizations that this page comes with the child and then you could have a form printed up with fill in the blanks stating said child had said vaccination on this date and child is returning to childcare with risk of side effects??

I understand what you are asking for, the hard part is getting parents to abide.
daycare 09:36 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by Autismworld:
Our clinics provide parents with a page of information on each immunization that is given that day... lists side effects etc... maybe you could make it a requirement that immediately upon returning to childcare after immunizations that this page comes with the child and then you could have a form printed up with fill in the blanks stating said child had said vaccination on this date and child is returning to childcare with risk of side effects??

I understand what you are asking for, the hard part is getting parents to abide.
lol I have not had my coffee yet, and yes you hit it right on the head...

I am sure that I can get this from the parents if I tell them that they wont be able to return their chlild to care without it....

thanks for your help and ideas..
Unregistered 10:08 AM 02-23-2011
My own son started having seizures immediately after his 12 month shots and yes it was scary and a little disturbing. It didnt cause brain damage or any permanent side effects (still has them occassionally though) but we were not warned directly of this at his shot appt. Yes you get the phamplet that says the risks and it was listed on there but even after reading it I didn't think it would happen to our little one.

I think it would be nice to know when the kids get shots but getting parents to comply will be difficult.

Maybe you could suggest to parents of infants that because of the risks assoc with shots (especially the first ones for the little babies) you would prefer they make the appointments at the end of the day where they can then watch them and monitor them after the shots-limiting you risk of this happening at your house. It will be hard to get all parents on board but a nice thought..... = )
Tags:allergic, allergic reactions, immunization
Reply Up