Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Getting Started
susanf 07:18 PM 03-21-2012
Hi my name is Susan..very very new to this, but not new to kids. I have three kids of my own, and love every minute of it. My question is this.. back in 2007 I got a child endangerment charge. I was so hurt b/c at that time we were just finding out my oldest child was autistic (aspergers) and could break out of the locks we had in our home. Going through a divorce I was very scared of losing my children, and so the first plea they gave me where I wouldnt lose my kids, and or be in to serious of trouble I took it. I pled no contest with the rights to seal my record, and basically have it state I am not a danger to children. In any matter I am going to be staying home with my children now, and was thinking of starting my own daycare type buiss. I live in the state of Ohio and didnt know for sure if I was able to do that through the state being I do have this on my record. I started nursing school a while back, and the Ohio nursing board said I was ok to do that so I figure it wouldnt be a issue. My record is not sealed, and that is the only thing on it. I can seal it though if needed, but I am sure its able to be lifted under the ohio law. I dont want to waste my time with going through proceedings with doing this if I am not going to be able to. If anyone knows anything please let me know!
Blackcat31 07:10 AM 03-22-2012
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry I have no advice as I don't know Ohio laws as far as child care. There maybe a few members here who might know though so stick around...
Reply Up