Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Not really crazy

Default When You Were Totally Embarassed In Front of a DCparent

I thought this might be fun!

Mine (well, one of them) would be the morning I flipped on the lights in the dc room but I didn't actually go in there until I followed the first dcd in. There, right in the middle of the room, was the present my dog had apparently left for me. Now I always give the room a once over first thing!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

I can totally relate! More than once I have found surprise "cat squeezins" on the windowsill. A lovely sight for parents approaching the house, I'm sure.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:46 AM
Daycare.com Member

When I first started out I had a tension gate in the hall before the foyer as I hadn't gated my stairs yet. I usually would lift the child over the gate when their parent arrived. One day the girl I lifted over decided to kick her legs out for fun and it made me trip (with her!) over the gate. I fell flat out She was fine and thought it was fun. I wanted to crawl into a hole. We gated the stairs the next day and removed that gate
Old 10-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Matilda Jane Addict

I had gone upstairs to pee while the kids were napping. I didn't flush b/c the baby is a light sleeper. I just closed the door and came downstairs. At p/u a few hrs later, the baby's dad asked to use my restroom. First time he's ever asked, Forgot about the full unfushed toilet.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Daycare.com Member

When my DS was younger and potty training a DCF was dropping off and there he was...outside peeing off the porch
Old 10-24-2013, 08:59 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I had to term a screamer. All the kids I cared for including my own daughter hated the screaming and would complain about this baby. When she heard me giving the mom noticed she jumped up and down started singing about how hapy she was the baby was not going to continue coming here anymore. I apoligised and got onto my daughter about how rude that was to say things like that in front of daycare parents. She was 4 or 5 at the time.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday Park View Post
I had to term a screamer. All the kids I cared for including my own daughter hated the screaming and would complain about this baby. When she heard me giving the mom noticed she jumped up and down started singing about how hapy she was the baby was not going to continue coming here anymore. I apoligised and got onto my daughter about how rude that was to say things like that in front of daycare parents. She was 4 or 5 at the time.
Lol! That would be so embarrassing!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
My ds did the SAME thing when I terminated a very aggressive child. "YAY! NOW RYLIE CAN'T HIT ME ANYMORE!" I just shrugged in front of the Mom, but did tell ds it was rude after she left.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have a huggy group of kids. One day in front of a dcd my dcb pulled down my shirt (it was a boat neck, nothing revealing) and said "WOW, nice top underpants ****!" Yup flashed a dcd. It's been MONTHS and he still can't look me in the eye.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

Last year when one of my dcbs was attending K, he came on a day when school was closed. I'd had him since he was 4 months old, knew what a handful he could be. So when he greeted the 2 dcgs and their mom at the door and said
"watch this" I should have been prepared for pretty much anything. But he still managed to shock me when he pulled his pants and underwear down.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

I'm majorly into the Sims 3 and usually when a new expansion pack comes out I wake up early to play before the kids come or I stay up late playing after they leave. It's a major relaxation tool for me. While we were preparing to expand and the addition was being built we were doing daycare down in the finished basement, where the "good" computer is. That Tuesday "The Sims 3: Seasons" came out. My DH went to Target on his lunch and brought it home from work (he came about 7 PM) for me. I played from the time I got the kids in bed at 8:30 until about 3 AM when DH finally came and dragged me to bed. I simply saved and went to bed, forgetting somehow to save and close. The game played on without me. I overslept the next morning and awoke to my phone ringing, my first parent was calling to tell me they were outside. I stumbled down there and opened the door, barely awake and certainly not noticing that the game was still on. As I was letting them in we hear the sounds of my Sims "procreating" in surround sound. Awesome. I was mortified on so many levels. Now I play the game solely on my laptop.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

When I first opened, one of my dcb's and his mom were in my family room dropping off. It was his first day so the mom stayed for a while. All of a sudden my dog comes running in and knocked over 3 kids like they were bowling pins-in front of dcm...I was so embarrassed! The mom laughed and said it was ok and dcb thought it was the funniest thing. My dog gets very excited and loves people, he just wanted kisses....lol I thought he was put up, but obviously wasn't.

Once a dcb took her child to the bathroom when they arrived because I was in the kitchen and didn't hear them come in. Well I had all of our shower stuff on the floor, my pj's on the floor, and the vanity was a mess. I usually clean up, but we had a shower pole/caddy that had rusted out and it fell that morning and I didn't have time to clean up. Not that embarrassing, but it was for me. My house is usually pretty clean.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The game played on without me. I overslept the next morning and awoke to my phone ringing, my first parent was calling to tell me they were outside. I stumbled down there and opened the door, barely awake and certainly not noticing that the game was still on. As I was letting them in we hear the sounds of my Sims "procreating" in surround sound. Awesome. I was mortified on so many levels. Now I play the game solely on my laptop.
Sorry, but I am cracking up!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

my kids had a bead maze out one today when a dcf came in, i turned to his dcg cubby to graab her lovey and jacket when i turned back around i tripped on it and sent myself sprawling at his feet.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Not really crazy

Holiday Park, your post reminded me of the time a dcmom was picking up and my young son informed her that her son ate dog food. Yes, he did get into the dog food bowl but I probably wasn't going to mention it!

Also one time I was talking to a parent when 4yo dcb (who was a little boob obsessed) just reached up and tweaked my boob. I was so shocked. WTH? Good thing I love the little guy!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

This thread makes for a great nap time read!

This past spring my DD and DCG were playing with the baby dolls. They had just finished putting them to sleep and were walking around saying "Shh, the babis are sleeping!" Every time I said anything, they "SHHHs'd" me. I heard someone coming down the steps, and thought it was my husband, so I poked my head into the hallway and said with a very stern voice "SHH THE BABIES ARE SLEEPING!" It wasn't until after I said it that I realized it was a DCM...

The worst part is I think she thought I was talking about the actual DC babies, and I tried to explain, but she left with a confused look on her face...
Old 10-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Daycare.com Member

These stories are great! One time a dcm was picking up her children and my dd who was about four at the time piped up and said, "My mom had to give dcg a spanking today." I was shocked and to this day I have no idea where she got that from cause I had not ever laid a hand on her. Thank goodness, dcm kind of brushed it off as a child not knowing what they are talking about thing. After that I would send her to her room when dc parents came to the door. LOL
Old 10-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I'm majorly into the Sims 3 and usually when a new expansion pack comes out I wake up early to play before the kids come or I stay up late playing after they leave. It's a major relaxation tool for me. While we were preparing to expand and the addition was being built we were doing daycare down in the finished basement, where the "good" computer is. That Tuesday "The Sims 3: Seasons" came out. My DH went to Target on his lunch and brought it home from work (he came about 7 PM) for me. I played from the time I got the kids in bed at 8:30 until about 3 AM when DH finally came and dragged me to bed. I simply saved and went to bed, forgetting somehow to save and close. The game played on without me. I overslept the next morning and awoke to my phone ringing, my first parent was calling to tell me they were outside. I stumbled down there and opened the door, barely awake and certainly not noticing that the game was still on. As I was letting them in we hear the sounds of my Sims "procreating" in surround sound. Awesome. I was mortified on so many levels. Now I play the game solely on my laptop.
Almost fell off my chair laughing at this one.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

one time a dcm came really early on a first day that I was not expecting her. I went ahead and took her child anyway and realized later that I had come to the door with my shirt inside out. well, thats what you get when you knock on the door at the crack of dawn! anyway, they only lasted two days because their daughter was a TERROR and had already been kicked out of multiple daycares.

another time I answered the door in my pjs....again a first time dcm that did not communicate well regarding the first date and time to begin care.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:11 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Me and my family are not religious.. Just yesterday one of my new DCDs cam to pick up dcg. As he was getting ready to leave he said "Ok L****, We're going to church." Immediately DD says "WWWHHHHYYYYY?!!?!!" I just kept silent. I didn't know what to do. Dcd responded, "because church is the best place to be!" Dd just stared at me...
Old 10-24-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksie View Post
Me and my family are not religious.. Just yesterday one of my new DCDs cam to pick up dcg. As he was getting ready to leave he said "Ok L****, We're going to church." Immediately DD says "WWWHHHHYYYYY?!!?!!" I just kept silent. I didn't know what to do. Dcd responded, "because church is the best place to be!" Dd just stared at me...
yeah that whole exchange was super awkward! we go to church and even I think that Dad's response was sort of weird. sounds like he was trying to make a little dig there.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I'm so glad I didn't read this at nap time!

I haven't embarrassed myself too much in front of dc parents. I did tell one dcd that his son got a "boobie" (instead of a boo-boo) when he tripped while playing outside. I cracked up laughing at my mistake but instead of laughing with me, he just looked at me like I had 3 heads.

Last winter the stomach bug went through my day care. I woke up one morning and didn't feel quite right but thought supper just hadn't settled well the night before. I made it through most of the day but about 1/2 way through afternoon snack, it became clear I had caught the bug. I only had another 1/2 hour to go until the end of the day. By then I felt awful. My head hurt, my knees had started to knock a little... but I was pretty sure I could make it until the kids were picked up. About 2 minutes before my first parent was due to arrive for pick up, I had to make a run for the bathroom. Since my state regulations say I have to be able to see or hear dc kids at all times, I left the door ajar so I could at least make sure they were okay. Our bathroom is just inside the back door. Dcd walked in to see the kids sitting at the kitchen table eating snack and me kneeling on the floor "talking to Ralph". I guess it could have been worse but I was pretty embarrassed at the time.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

I had two families that were close friends enroll around the same time and they were both very new at this point.

DCD dropped off and paid for the week and I said, "I will have a receipt for Ryan this afternoon" He looked at me like this and said, "Ryan? Is that who I'm going with now?" It took me a second to realize I had said the wrong DCM's name and I quickly said, "oh! Erin!, I meant Erin!" DCD was CRACKING UP!! I was so embarrassed!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Thought of another one

This was also while a family was pretty new. I had a dcbaby here for about an hour and got into his bag to get out his bottle and couldn't find it. Called mom to ask if it was ok if I use one of my spare bottles. she said it was fine but she would try to come by with one soon. About an hour or so later, DCM came with a bottle and said DCD said it was in the side pocket. I told her I looked but I didn't see one and as I looked at the bag I realized there was a zipper pocket that I didn't notice before......yep, bottle was in there. DCM laughed and said it was ok, she wanted an excuse to leave work and visit anyway
Old 10-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Provider

Default This didn't happen to me, but happened to someone I know!

So a friend of mine who does daycare decided to install cameras in her daycare room which was also her living room. The parents could log in to see what their kids were doing during the day (she's far braver than I am). Anyway, she forgot about the cameras and her and her husband got frisky on the couch...all the way.... nobody said a word, so who knows if anyone saw it but she had someone term the next week and she said that the parent was SUPER weird and awkward about the term. She told her some long story about bringing the kid to a friend of hers, blah blah blah.

She took the cameras down after that and told the parents that one of the parents complained about everyone being able to see their child all day, so she said that she didn't want to violate anyones privacy and took them down.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:53 AM
Unregistered

I had an interview once where the parent of a toddler asked to see where her toddler would sleep. I kept a pack n play in my son's room at the time, so we headed to his room. It was all neat and tidy, but I was horrified when I saw what had fallen into the pack n play. My son had removed his 'althletic protective cup' after playing football the night before and it had fallen into the pack n play! I was embarassed!!!

Then during the same interview I could see my two dogs out of the corner of my eye on my deck. One was hunched over straining to go #2 and the other was waiting at his backside like it was Christmas! This went on and on and I finally was so concerned for the dog that I excused myself and went to see what was happening. The one dog had something coming out of his bottom, so I grabbed a plastic bag and pulled it out and it was a small rabbit's foot!! I quickly wrapped it up in the bag and threw it off the deck, over my fence into my front yard and went back to my potential client. This all happened in clear view of the visiting family.
She promptly announced 'well we should probably get going...'.

I am sure that poor mom thought I was a total nut job!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:12 AM
Not really crazy

Quote:
#2 and the other was waiting at his backside like it was Christmas!
Oh my gosh - that line cracked me up! And then for it to be a "lucky" rabbits foot! LOL
Old 10-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I had an interview once where the parent of a toddler asked to see where her toddler would sleep. I kept a pack n play in my son's room at the time, so we headed to his room. It was all neat and tidy, but I was horrified when I saw what had fallen into the pack n play. My son had removed his 'althletic protective cup' after playing football the night before and it had fallen into the pack n play! I was embarassed!!!

Then during the same interview I could see my two dogs out of the corner of my eye on my deck. One was hunched over straining to go #2 and the other was waiting at his backside like it was Christmas! This went on and on and I finally was so concerned for the dog that I excused myself and went to see what was happening. The one dog had something coming out of his bottom, so I grabbed a plastic bag and pulled it out and it was a small rabbit's foot!! I quickly wrapped it up in the bag and threw it off the deck, over my fence into my front yard and went back to my potential client. This all happened in clear view of the visiting family.

Okay, THIS had me LOL, for real. Funny.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Blossoms Blooming

Well, I just embarrassed myself! No school for public schools today, a mom mentioned bringing SA daughter today. Younger brother arrived w dad as usual.I just texted mom about older girl who was supposed to come @ 1230. No reply. So I text dad this:
"Is ---- coming today? Mom said she might bring her at 1230 but she's not here and she didn't answer my sex." Send.
3 seconds later , I realized the error "TEXT! OMG sorry"
Dad texted back "hahaha", but my face is still burning.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

I was talking to dcm one morning in my entryway, and my dachshund came in to greet her.....with a pair of my panties around her neck.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by when is naptime? View Post
I was talking to dcm one morning in my entryway, and my dachshund came in to greet her.....with a pair of my panties around her neck.
hysterical
Old 10-25-2013, 11:24 AM

This happened a few years ago but I still laugh when I think about it.... I'll try to remember best I can.

I had a gal in college that came and helped out in the mornings for credit in her child studies class. She was here 3 days a week for about 5 hours or so.

A parent arrives for pick up.

While we are chatting, I hear a DCB, (age 4) say "Miss C, he has something in his pocket and won't show me!" The kids aren't allowed to put toys and such in their pockets as I have had my share of "non-permissive borrowing" and random things that have been snuck into daycare that shouldn't be here.

So I go over to the little boy who is also 4 yrs old and say to him, "Let me see what you have." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out these 3 long plastic thingys.....(???????) I am confused for a second and then :eeekkk: I realize they are empty tampon applicators!!!

Near as I can tell, my college girl must be having a visit from her Aunt Flo and has been putting the disposable parts of her tampons in the bathroom garbage and the DCB must have spied them while using the bathroom and pocketed them!

I took them and put them in the garbage (one he has no access to) and told him he can not have them. I offered no other explanations because I really did't know what to say or want to explain anything to him but OMG!!!,

At that point, I have NO idea what the DCP picking up her child was thinking but I am dying of laughter!!!........as he sulked in the corner because I took his "treasures" (his words NOT mine!)
Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Omg! This made me laugh. My own son would do this!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

When a parent was dropping off her son & when I opened the door, my cat ran in with a mouse in her mouth!!! I screamed... the mom screamed...the 3 daycare kids that were there screamed! haha

I started chasing my cat and she ran into the playroom with it! She was hiding under a playpen and the mouse started running around the room. The mom was trying to help but she had to get to work. I was a wreck and just tried my best to say goodbye to her.

Meanwhile 2 more parents are knocking on the door and I had 3 kids standing on the couch clutching their toys

After about 10 minutes of trying to figure out what to do, I eventually threw a towel on the mouse, scooped it up and threw it outside. I was so embarrassed! But I definitely didn't need coffee that morning to wake up! lol
Old 10-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Not really crazy

Haha Blackcat! My boys used to take those out of the garbage too because they thought they were "little shooters."
Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Matilda Jane Addict

Quote:

I'm dying. And then the poster right after mentioning the lucky rabbit's foot. hahahaha!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Matilda Jane Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
This happened a few years ago but I still laugh when I think about it.... I'll try to remember best I can.

I had a gal in college that came and helped out in the mornings for credit in her child studies class. She was here 3 days a week for about 5 hours or so.

A parent arrives for pick up.

While we are chatting, I hear a DCB, (age 4) say "Miss C, he has something in his pocket and won't show me!" The kids aren't allowed to put toys and such in their pockets as I have had my share of "non-permissive borrowing" and random things that have been snuck into daycare that shouldn't be here.

So I go over to the little boy who is also 4 yrs old and say to him, "Let me see what you have." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out these 3 long plastic thingys.....(???????) I am confused for a second and then :eeekkk: I realize they are empty tampon applicators!!!

Near as I can tell, my college girl must be having a visit from her Aunt Flo and has been putting the disposable parts of her tampons in the bathroom garbage and the DCB must have spied them while using the bathroom and pocketed them!

I took them and put them in the garbage (one he has no access to) and told him he can not have them. I offered no other explanations because I really did't know what to say or want to explain anything to him but OMG!!!,

At that point, I have NO idea what the DCP picking up her child was thinking but I am dying of laughter!!!........as he sulked in the corner because I took his "treasures" (his words NOT mine!)
Not daycare related, but when my now almost 20 yr old was 2, I had her brother come along. We were out for the evening having lattes and dinner, etc. My ex and I were talking and didn't notice what my eldest was doing..bad parenting. She proudly announced, Look Mommy, thtickers!. I looked in embarrassed horror at her and all the nearby tables covered in huge postpartum maxipads. The other patrons were amused though.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Legally Unlicensed

Quote:
OT but I just downloaded Generations last night and noticed you can have a home daycare. My sim selfs life was way too much like my own so I had to switch careers lol
Old 11-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

Old thread, but had to pull it out for this one:

My daughters are 11 and 12. We have a store at the corner that we just started letting the girls walk to together. Yesterday we ran out of bread so I sent my daughter to the store to get a loaf for dinner. My Goddaughter was over to the house, she's 6, and she was very upset that I was sending my daughters without an adult. So incidently as a new DCD is picking up she says: "You can't send them to the store, they can get raped!" 4 y.o. DCB says: "What's raped?" And Goddaughter replies: "It's when a nasty old man steals a girl's cookie without her permission!!!!" What the what?! DCD just helped the boy with his coat and smiled sheepishly. Still blushing... lol.

Tags
daycare experiences, embarrassed, fun stuff