Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First come First serve?
Urbankids 09:12 AM 08-21-2013
I am starting a daycare, opening in September. I have someone who is interested in a full time spot, but not until January. No other interest as of yet, however I am having an open house on Saturday and Sunday. I only have 1 more spot for a 1 year old, and this family who wants january has a 1 year old. If she wants the spot, do I give it to her, and suck it up until January? What if someone wants a full time spot for September or October for their 1 year old? What would you do, or what have you done? Hold it for her, or give it to someone else who wants to start sooner?
Cradle2crayons 09:15 AM 08-21-2013
Originally Posted by Urbankids:
I am starting a daycare, opening in September. I have someone who is interested in a full time spot, but not until January. No other interest as of yet, however I am having an open house on Saturday and Sunday. I only have 1 more spot for a 1 year old, and this family who wants january has a 1 year old. If she wants the spot, do I give it to her, and suck it up until January? What if someone wants a full time spot for September or October for their 1 year old? What would you do, or what have you done? Hold it for her, or give it to someone else who wants to start sooner?
I have a few options. If I don't have anyone actively interested in the spot, I would offer the spot with a monthly holding fee until they start.

If I have more than one family interested in one spot, it's first come fist served.
coolconfidentme 09:29 AM 08-21-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I have a few options. If I don't have anyone actively interested in the spot, I would offer the spot with a monthly holding fee until they start.

If I have more than one family interested in one spot, it's first come fist served.
ditto....
Blackcat31 09:33 AM 08-21-2013
Originally Posted by Urbankids:
If I had no other interested families, I would hold the spot for her at 50% the normal rate. If another family comes along and wants the space, I'd give the first family the option of taking it immediately (or paying FULL rate for the space) and if they chose not to or didn't want to pay for it, I'd give it to the other family.
Urbankids 10:17 AM 08-21-2013
Thank you for the great advice! I was thinking the same thing, I just didn't want to upset a potential family, but hopefully they understand. I'll have to see how it goes and take it as families become interested!
Tags:filling a spot, filling spaces, first come first serve, full time, payment, policies, spot
Reply Up