Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am Sure This Was Rude But Do You Guys Have Any Other Ideas??
crazydaycarelady 08:53 PM 05-21-2014
I just posted this on my daycare fb page:
Originally Posted by :
~ PLEASE.........if backing up is not your forte then park on the street. We have replaced 3 sprinkler heads in the last two weeks but yet another one was ran over today. The heads are in the grass and garden and surrounded by rocks so they should not be getting run over. If need be we will have to block the driveway and have on street parking only. Please be respectful of our home.
I am so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our sprinkler system is not working right AGAIN because someone ran over another sprinkler head today. It was working fine last night so I know it happened today. We just replaced two heads last Friday and surrounded all of the heads with big rocks. So this particular sprinkler head lasted 5 days!! The heads are not in the driveway, they are in the grass and garden next to the driveway. Whoever did it ran into the big rock and just kept going.

I have never had a set of dcparents that I have been so frustrated with in my life!

I am sure my post was not "professional" but I wrote it while frustrated.
I am just so tired of my stuff getting ruined!
Lucy 09:22 PM 05-21-2014
It's not rude. I think they will sense your frustration and try not to run over them. Maybe?? LOL

Very frustrating indeed. I'd be pulling my hair out.
tehck_1013 09:53 PM 05-21-2014
Doesn't seem rude. Just sounds like you are frustrated, which you have every right to be! The only thing I think is if some families don't regularly look at the page on facebook then they might not actually know about the issue... culprit family in particular. I'd also either post a notice to the board, and/or send out a letter explaining the situation and how if it continues to be a problem then further measures will be taken. So sorry I don't know how someone couldn't possibly know when running over large rocks and backing into landscapes... seriously. Good luck
snbauser 04:26 AM 05-22-2014
We had similar issues with them running over the corner of the yard by the driveway. No sprinkler head but instead the cover for the water meter. I ended up buying a cheap shephards hook and a windchime and put it right on the corner so they could see it looking out their back window when backing up. Solved the problem.
llpa 04:30 AM 05-22-2014
Actually it is short and to the point. Not rude at all no wonder you are frustrated tho!
Second Home 04:38 AM 05-22-2014
Not rude at all .

I had a parent that actually drove about 20 feet onto my lawn so she would be able to back up , my drive is about 90 ft long and 3 cars wide at the bottom , there is no reason for a perskn to do this except for complete lack of respect for my property . My dh and dd were sitting right there on the front steps when she did it too .
permanentvacation 04:45 AM 05-22-2014
Not rude at all. Simply stating a problem and asking respect for your property. Hopefully whoever has been running over your sprinklers reads it and stops doing so.

I am much more direct and blunt. I would have let the parent leave my house, then watched out my window or door to witness them start to run over my sprinklers then I would have yelled at them something like, "STOP!!! You are running over my yard!" Oh, yeah, I'd have told them off on the spot!
Blackcat31 06:09 AM 05-22-2014
I am starting to think maybe you should have all your daycare parents give you a security deposit (like you do to rent a place).

You can subtract any damages they cause from their deposit, have them put down MORE $ if they use up the deposit and return any left over funds to them when they withdraw from care.

I can't believe how many parents you have that destroy your property....crazy!
countrymom 06:20 AM 05-22-2014
do you think its the same parent doing it. I would start charging them. Watch them pull out of your yard.

I had a mom, for god knows what reason would turn around in my driveway, but would drive across a good portion of the neighbours grass. My driveway is 3 cars wide and 4 or 5 cars long, there is no reason to do it and drive on the neighbours yard. I did term her but its because she lied about alot of stuff, but this was a big one too.
Michelle 06:25 AM 05-22-2014
I totally understand where you are coming from!
I used to have beautiful solar lights, flowers and pretty decorations and I just had to give up on them.
The kids would pull them out of the ground and throw them and parents would just say, " no, don't do that" and sometimes not even that.

I definitely agree with the brat deposit I mean security deposit

I was actually thinking of applying some kind of oil or tar to the solar lights so the kids would get it all over their hands before getting in parents car
because those lights were more about my home security than being pretty.
crazydaycarelady 06:26 AM 05-22-2014
I can't see the driveway from the dc room! It is on a different level. If I could I would have this mystery solved!
CraftyMom 06:32 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I totally understand where you are coming from!
I used to have beautiful solar lights, flowers and pretty decorations and I just had to give up on them.
The kids would pull them out of the ground and throw them and parents would just say, " no, don't do that" and sometimes not even that.

I definitely agree with the brat deposit I mean security deposit

I was actually thinking of applying some kind of oil or tar to the solar lights so the kids would get it all over their hands before getting in parents car
because those lights were more about my home security than being pretty.
Brat deposit

Or Bratty parent deposit!
Kabob 06:39 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am starting to think maybe you should have all your daycare parents give you a security deposit (like you do to rent a place).

You can subtract any damages they cause from their deposit, have them put down MORE $ if they use up the deposit and return any left over funds to them when they withdraw from care.

I can't believe how many parents you have that destroy your property....crazy!
I like this idea. I mean goodness...parents should not behave worse than their kids...and parents should know better! I wonder how they would like it if you tore up their property?
TaylorTots 06:53 AM 05-22-2014
When you rent a home, you put a deposit down since you when you leave you leave the landlord with any mess/broken things to repair, if it's good you get it back.

The idea of a deposit is great. I wish I had thought of it for the sake of our property.

And OP - it sounded great. Not rude. I would have sounded much more "rude" -- 3 in a week?!
Naptime yet? 07:28 AM 05-22-2014
Put some barbed wire down so when anyone backs over it

Sorry, I saw the other post about the traffic spikes & you're right, DCM would be at your house for another hour waiting for her tire to get fixed...but it might be worth it, at least once....JK!?!
Second Home 08:09 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I can't see the driveway from the dc room! It is on a different level. If I could I would have this mystery solved!
I have sent my kids to look out the upstairs bathroom window to watch who runs over and digs up the lawn .
tehck_1013 11:10 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I just posted this on my daycare fb page:

I am so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our sprinkler system is not working right AGAIN because someone ran over another sprinkler head today. It was working fine last night so I know it happened today. We just replaced two heads last Friday and surrounded all of the heads with big rocks. So this particular sprinkler head lasted 5 days!! The heads are not in the driveway, they are in the grass and garden next to the driveway. Whoever did it ran into the big rock and just kept going.

I have never had a set of dcparents that I have been so frustrated with in my life!

I am sure my post was not "professional" but I wrote it while frustrated.
I am just so tired of my stuff getting ruined!
Wait a second-

DIDN'T YOU JUST GET YOUR DRIVEWAY CLEARCOATED?
AND THEN RUINED?

I think something needs to change because your parents are costing you a LOT of money! You must have the biggest group of inconsiderate jerks for families!

cheerfuldom 11:11 AM 05-22-2014
I would consider posting a camera out front. Doesnt have to be on Let the parents come to their own conclusions.

Next damaged yard items, street parking only with a fee for every time you see someone use the driveway.
Starburst 11:43 AM 05-22-2014
If it's happened several times, I would consider either seeing if you can arrange your front yard/drive way so that they cannot run over your sprinklers (maybe a short garden fence or river rocks as a more visible barrier) or just adopt a policy that revokes or limits privileges to use the drive way, if possible (may depend on how busy your street is and how many parents pick up at the same time).
mrsnj 11:48 AM 05-22-2014
Awe man!!

I hear ya. I have a stone drive but it is lined with huge red boarder stones of which my parents roll over everything they back up! I have to reset quite a few again this spring. Guess what I am doing this Memorial weekend. They run over my mailbox planter too. Which BTW is no where near to close to my drive. They would have to drive on the grass to get to it. But...they do. I like the planters hook comment but was thinking with huge cow bells on it so when they run into it all you hear is DING DING DING!!!!!At least my stuff isn't broken. Just a pain in the butt to have to fix. I cannot back up with my life but even I can do it!
Starburst 11:48 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Kabob:
I like this idea. I mean goodness...parents should not behave worse than their kids...and parents should know better! I wonder how they would like it if you tore up their property?
In my future daycare, I'm looking forward to the kids- It's working with the parents I'm dreading.
Jack Sprat 12:01 PM 05-22-2014
It sounds fine to me! I actually laughed!

A deposit is a great idea. We have our yard roped off now so kids won't run threw and ruin the new grass that is growing. I have two kids now that think its hilarious to run under the ropes and laugh when I tell them to move off. This is always at pick up time. One mom does great and gets kid off. The other laughs as well. A deposit is a great idea.
Reply Up