Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mud kitchen
Rockgirl 09:42 AM 03-31-2015
I am putting together a mud kitchen for the backyard. I posted some example pics this morning on my daycare fb page, and said we would happily accept donations of kitchen utensils, pots & pans, etc. Almost immediately a friend sent a pic of a wooden potting bench--child height, that he is donating! I'm so excited. I've gotten great feedback from the parents, too.

Does anyone here have a mud kitchen, and want to share suggestions?
Meyou 10:07 AM 03-31-2015
Here is mine that dh built from a deck we torn off the house.

Rockgirl 10:09 AM 03-31-2015
Wow--Meyou--that is awesome! Bet the kids love it!
Meyou 10:19 AM 03-31-2015
They play with it year round. I throw all my old stuff out there as I replace it with any dangerous parts removed. We used powerade tops for the stove switches and old cd's as burners.
Rockgirl 10:31 AM 03-31-2015
Originally Posted by Meyou:
They play with it year round. I throw all my old stuff out there as I replace it with any dangerous parts removed. We used powerade tops for the stove switches and old cd's as burners.
What great ideas! I love that there's a microwave, and I wouldn't have thought of a spice rack. Very cool.
Meyou 10:34 AM 03-31-2015
There is a kettle and toaster out there now too. DH took most of the guts out of the toaster so there were no sharp edges if they stick their hands in the slots.
Rockgirl 10:41 AM 03-31-2015
Originally Posted by Meyou:
There is a kettle and toaster out there now too. DH took most of the guts out of the toaster so there were no sharp edges if they stick their hands in the slots.
I think some thrift store shopping will be in order this weekend.
Gemma 11:05 AM 03-31-2015
Love your mud kitchen, Meyou!
Jack Sprat 11:39 AM 03-31-2015
Meyou!!! I that!!! I have to have one!! We have pots and pans etc. and old Little Tykes kitchen outside. But, that is awesome! Sending DH this pic so he can add that to his honey do list!
Rockgirl 11:45 AM 03-31-2015
Meyou, I was looking on Pinterest for more mud kitchen ideas, and someone has pinned a pic of yours. How cool is that!
Reply Up