Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dress attire for assistant
Luvnmykidz 07:25 AM 05-15-2015
I am working on my employee handbook. As far as the dress code goes, what does everyone require? I don't want to be anal but want the staff to be appropriate yet comfortable and professional. Currently we have curriculum days Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On these days we do lots of hands on learning, story time at the library, and field trips to museums for story hour activities. My Dck's wear khaki bottoms and our daycare color polo shirts for these 3 days. On Monday and Friday they can wear anything unless we have a trip scheduled.
Thriftylady 07:35 AM 05-15-2015
What do you wear?
daycare 10:57 AM 05-15-2015
It's so hot In summer where we live and my asst started wearing some clothing that I felt was not ok. So I had shirts made through vista print and made them all wear them. they are cute T shirts. I also made them wear pants or Capri.

One of my girls was a fitness model and she came in some teeny tiny shorts one day I thought my 18 yr old sons eyes were gonna pop out. I sent her home for the day without pay.

I wear yoga pants and our daycare shirt every day.
Luvnmykidz 01:25 PM 05-15-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
What do you wear?
I wear t-shirts and jeans or yoga pants with t-shirts. On field trip days I wear nice slacks or jeans with a nice shirt. I have been considering scrub tops, polo shirts and jeans or khaki bottoms.
Luvnmykidz 01:30 PM 05-15-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
It's so hot In summer where we live and my asst started wearing some clothing that I felt was not ok. So I had shirts made through vista print and made them all wear them. they are cute T shirts. I also made them wear pants or Capri.

One of my girls was a fitness model and she came in some teeny tiny shorts one day I thought my 18 yr old sons eyes were gonna pop out. I sent her home for the day without pay.

I wear yoga pants and our daycare shirt every day.
This is what I want to avoid. I don't want them coming in skimpy clothes. It's warming up here and we will spend a lot of time outdoors this summer. I don't mind Capri shorts or tank tops that cover bra straps, but I'm not sure how specific I should be. I also don't want them to have to pay too much for a completely new wardrobe just for work, but I fear that what's acceptable to some will be inappropriate in my eyes for daycare.
AmyLeigh 02:17 PM 05-15-2015
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
This is what I want to avoid. I don't want them coming in skimpy clothes. It's warming up here and we will spend a lot of time outdoors this summer. I don't mind Capri shorts or tank tops that cover bra straps, but I'm not sure how specific I should be. I also don't want them to have to pay too much for a completely new wardrobe just for work, but I fear that what's acceptable to some will be inappropriate in my eyes for daycare.
I would list exactly what would be okay for summer wear. Tanks that cover bra straps, capris no shorter than knee length, etc.

If you really think about it, anytime we start a new job, unless a uniform is provided, there is a chance we would have to buy some clothes to wear to work. Clothing that covers doesn't have to be expensive.
gameofthrones 03:34 PM 05-15-2015
Mykids middle school sends home a dress code flyer and thats what I would go by especially if you don't want anyone strolling in there with skimpy clothes. That way they don't have to buy a new wardrobe but are completely covered up. I wouldn't want a dcm to come in there and be uncomfortable with her husband picking up the kiddos
kitykids3 12:06 PM 05-16-2015
Here they have to wear at least a sleeveless shirt that is not low cut (don't need to be seeing anything if bending over) and covers the straps and not see through. Shorts must be no more than 3 inches above knee. The only time they can wear any less than this is if we are going to the pool or playing in the pool/sprinkler here then they can wear a one piece suit for that time only. They must wear shoes they can run in in case they need to.
Luvnmykidz 12:23 PM 05-16-2015
Thanks for the responses. I will be putting this advice in a section of the handbook.
Reply Up