Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help! Hurricane!
KristinsHomeCC 04:54 AM 09-02-2016
Central FL here dealing with the hurricane. My policy states when schools close, I close. Our good ol' school district waited until 6 this morning to cancel schools. It is for the concern of the safety of the children due to road conditions.

My first DCK arrived today at 7 before I knew schools were closed. Another DCM texted me and asked if I was still open. What the heck do I do??
daycarediva 04:56 AM 09-02-2016
Close early. To ensure the safety of all families and children enrolled safe travels, we will be closing effective immediately. Then notify the families who are already there to pick up now.

Worst case scenario, do you want to be stuck without power, impassable roads with dck's?
laundrymom 05:12 AM 09-02-2016
Close. Now. Before you are faced with the scenario I was last Wednesday.
Please stay safe.
I'm over storms for a good long while.
DaveA 05:32 AM 09-02-2016
I agree with PPs. Close now & call for pickup of DCKs there already. If DCPs get mad just tell them safety has to be your primary concern for clients and your own family.
Baby Beluga 06:21 AM 09-02-2016
I agree, close early. And stay safe
KiwiKids 06:25 AM 09-02-2016
I would close and call for pick up as well!
Second Home 07:52 AM 09-02-2016
Yes , I agree with everyone else call for pick up due to emergency weather conditions. I always tell dcp to text me in the morning if there is a threat of bad weather before they leave for my house if they are questioning the weather and whether I will be open. That way I am not in a bind trying to get people to come back and pick up their kids.
Melissa67 08:04 AM 09-02-2016
I am in Ga,told my parents I will be close today because of the weather,she text me back and ask if I still want regular payment next week. WTH yessss
Reply Up