Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hiring an assistant, paperwork and eveything else....
Luvnmykidz 10:07 AM 04-24-2015
Good afternoon, I am looking to hire an assistant or two, especially for the summer for field trip days. I have never hired anyone and would like information on the entire process. I need to create an employee handbook, figure out the withholdings, training, background check and what else? Does anyone have a checklist or something they wouldn't mind sharing as well as any other information to help me through this process. Thanks
earlystart 11:01 AM 04-24-2015
Check out this:

http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/requi...-employee.html
Controlled Chaos 12:59 PM 04-24-2015
Reading Tom's stuff was helpful.

I copied this from another member on here (can't remember who you are - Thank you!) and edited it a bit for me.

But this is the contract I used. I hired my first assistant yesterday!

Employee / Provider Contract
I have read the Childcare Handbook and agree to comply with all policies and procedures.
I understand that in addition to these policies, the following is also expected:
Duties Include:
Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, ready to work.
Assist with infant feedings and diaper changes.
Prepare meals as directed.
Assist with clean up duties and proper sanitation.
Assist with field trips (i.e. library, school playground, neighborhood walks).
Assist with preparation of daily crafts and activities and supervise these times as directed.
Keep all client information confidential.
Wear child friendly clothing and accessories.
Personal communication needs to be done before/after work when possible.
Any reporting of accidents/incidents to parents needs to be documented appropriately.
Lifting and bending.

My starting wage will be $8 /hour when training or assisting and $10/hour when providing substitute care. It is considered substitute care when the provider has left the property. If the provider is still on the premises and available upon request, that is considered assistant hours.
I will complete CPR and First Aid Certification, to be paid for by employer.
I will submit and background check and fingerprints, to be paid for by employer.
I will obtain a food handlers permit, to be paid for by employer.
I will be required to complete training hours as required by the State. Training will be paid by the employer, provided that it is approved by the licensed provider prior to registration.

Employee Signature Date
____________________________ _______
Provider Signature Date
____________________________ _______
Blackcat31 07:00 AM 04-25-2015
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
Good afternoon, I am looking to hire an assistant or two, especially for the summer for field trip days. I have never hired anyone and would like information on the entire process. I need to create an employee handbook, figure out the withholdings, training, background check and what else? Does anyone have a checklist or something they wouldn't mind sharing as well as any other information to help me through this process. Thanks
NannyDe wrote a 5 part series on hiring assistants. LOTS of good info

https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/the-...-assistant.htm
Reply Up