Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contacting Parents Of School Agers
Luvnmykidz 09:15 AM 01-08-2018
Schools have been scheduled to close 2 hours early today and the alert went out around 10 am this morning. I have some drop in school agers whose mom has arranged for someone to drop off to me( she doesn’t want to pay the rate for me to pick them up and they attend different schools). So instead of coming in around 2 they should be here shortly. I was wondering if any providers contact Parents to inform them of early dismissals or school closings or do you expect for them to be on top of that and inform you if there child will be arriving early due to a change in the schools hours for the day. Last week these same kids were scheduled to attend but schools ended up closing for 2 days and mom didn’t contact me to tell me they weren’t coming due to the closing and she would just be staying home with them. How do you all handle that as well?
amberrose3dg 09:21 AM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
Schools have been scheduled to close 2 hours early today and the alert went out around 10 am this morning. I have some drop in school agers whose mom has arranged for someone to drop off to me( she doesn’t want to pay the rate for me to pick them up and they attend different schools). So instead of coming in around 2 they should be here shortly. I was wondering if any providers contact Parents to inform them of early dismissals or school closings or do you expect for them to be on top of that and inform you if there child will be arriving early due to a change in the schools hours for the day. Last week these same kids were scheduled to attend but schools ended up closing for 2 days and mom didn’t contact me to tell me they weren’t coming due to the closing and she would just be staying home with them. How do you all handle that as well?
I contact them and let them know schools are closing. If you don't they will play ignorant to it after the fact. My rates are based on very part time and do not cover more than 3 hours. 4 hours or more to me is considered full time and no longer is covered by the before/after rate.They have the choice to come get them early or pay the full rate.If they are late for the weather I plan to charge a late fee as they had advance notice of the bad weather.
Luvnmykidz 05:56 PM 01-08-2018
I didn’t contact the parent and she didn’t contact me until sometime after 2 to inform me that they wouldn’t be coming for after care. I already knew that by the time she contacted me, as they would’ve arrived by 12:15.
amberrose3dg 04:02 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
I didn’t contact the parent and she didn’t contact me until sometime after 2 to inform me that they wouldn’t be coming for after care. I already knew that by the time she contacted me, as they would’ve arrived by 12:15.
I have a mom like that. Guess what happened I assumed her kids weren't coming when they don't show. Now her 12 year old wanders around the neighborhood.
Tags:school age, schoolager
Reply Up