Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Screwed Again Advice Please?? Hurry Pick Up Soon
kayla 10:47 AM 08-01-2012
Ok so i started a family on her word.... I know im dumb and thats a no no, well i logged on and she isnt on my billing for the county. so I called the accountant and she said she just turned in her application so she hasnt even been approved yet... I need advice on what I should tell her when she picks up her kids because if she doesnt get approved then I'm out 132.00 I was thinking i might tell her i logged onto my county billing and the boys werent on there so until your social worker calls me i cant take them with the risk of not getting paid by the county... any suggestions???
Michael 10:50 AM 08-01-2012
I would tell her she has not been approved yet and until she is you can not give her daycare service unless she wants to pay by personal check. You will reimburse her once the state pays you.
kayla 10:51 AM 08-01-2012
Thanks thats awesome advice!
Heidi 10:53 AM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I would tell her she has not been approved yet and until she is you can not give her daycare service unless she wants to pay by personal check. You will reimburse her once the state pays you.

This is my policy with ALL clients. I get paid in advance. If they overpay because the state back-dates, I apply that money to their co-payments. I started this when the state stopped paying on enrollment basis (Family Childcare is only paid on attendance..centers get paid on enrollment/by the "slot"). If a family cannot pay me in advance, they certainly won't have the $ to pay for absent days.

It's amazing just how clever people can be at comming up with the $ when they have to!
DaisyMamma 05:56 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
Agreed. How did it go?
Tags:non-payment, state assisted payments
Reply Up