Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Home Remedies
Scout 04:13 PM 10-29-2012
Since my poor ds has a terrible diaper rash & i just put 3 teabags in his diaper I am wonderig....do any of you have any home remedies you use?
itlw8 05:52 PM 10-29-2012
If you breast feed squirt some milk on the rash and it will clear it up
MarinaVanessa 06:39 PM 10-29-2012
I use a seltzer bath and then baking soda paste instead of ointment.

Now that I think about it I use baking soda for everything. As a degreaser, as a replacement for Comet, deoderizer etc.
Angelsj 06:43 PM 10-29-2012
Often a diaper rash that does not respond to typical creams is based in yeast.
You can buy probiotics in a capsule, or use plain (unsweetened) yogurt to coat the area and increase good bacteria.
If you possible can, put the child on a towel or let them go free (no diaper) preferably in the sunlight.

The probiotics are totally safe to feed to them (mix in milk or yogurt) or sprinkle directly on the site.
Scout 07:30 PM 10-29-2012
It responds well. he is pooping a lot cus he is getting 4 molars i used breastmikk for pink eye & olive oil in my other ds ear for earache(no joke prior to the oil he wouldnt get off dh lap & was crying horribly; give the oil & 20 min later running around playing again! I am looking for more uses for this kind of stuff! Love using them so far!
Angelsj 07:42 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by aprilsfool77:
It responds well. he is pooping a lot cus he is getting 4 molars i used breastmikk for pink eye & olive oil in my other ds ear for earache(no joke prior to the oil he wouldnt get off dh lap & was crying horribly; give the oil & 20 min later running around playing again! I am looking for more uses for this kind of stuff! Love using them so far!

Probiotics and yogurt...awesome.
Olive oil is amazing...for the record, it has more actual bacteria killing power if you add garlic..just don't put the garlic in the ear, just the infused oil. Actually, infused oil in great in a lot of ways. lol
Crystal 09:26 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by aprilsfool77:
Since my poor ds has a terrible diaper rash & i just put 3 teabags in his diaper I am wonderig....do any of you have any home remedies you use?
Oh, you really need to use plain ole' cornstarch for diaper rash

http://www.livestrong.com/article/50...th-cornstarch/.

FTR: I am not claiming to diagnose or recommend treatment for any child or person referenced to in this thread.
daycarediva 02:52 AM 10-30-2012
I had wonderful success with liquid maalox mixed with cornstarch to form a paste. The maalox cuts the acidity in the loose stools and the cornstarch helps protect his butt and thicken the maalox so it stays on. My dcm's now know that if they open a diaper and see a pink booty, to check the sheet because somebody had loose stools and started to get a rash. They all use it at home now as well.
Scout 07:31 AM 10-30-2012
I have used aquaphor with maalox in the past. It seemed to cool off the hot little bum for ds.
Scout 07:32 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
Probiotics and yogurt...awesome.
Olive oil is amazing...for the record, it has more actual bacteria killing power if you add garlic..just don't put the garlic in the ear, just the infused oil. Actually, infused oil in great in a lot of ways. lol
Do you heat up the garlic in the oil& then put inthe ear?
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:27 AM 10-30-2012
Good old corn starch has always worked for me.
Tags:home made
Reply Up