Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oral Surgery For Me Tomorrow
TickleMonster 05:03 PM 06-30-2014
Shutting down the dc for my oral surgery tomorrow. I am having all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out. Have been in constant pain for 2 months so I am glad to finally be getting this done. I am only closing the dc for tomorrow and will be working again Wednesday. Thankfully, my mother will pick up most of the slack with work while I heal. Any of you had oral surgery done while doing this business? What do I have to look forward to?
midaycare 05:38 PM 06-30-2014
I have had the exact same thing done. It isn't easy, and recovery is a few days, but after the day of surgery it is not unmanageable.

I didn't have a daycare at the time, but I was working and going to school.
Kabob 07:09 PM 06-30-2014
I had my wisdom teeth out but not while running a daycare...I looked like a hamster with full cheeks for a couple of days and then I got dry sockets (super painful) so I was on major pain meds for a little bit until they fixed the problem (quick fix in my case). Otherwise it was easy peasy. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you!
AmyKidsCo 07:42 PM 06-30-2014
Good luck! My 19 & 15 yr olds need theirs out and I'm terrified of nursing them after - I'm NOT good with that kind of thing. I haven't had experience with it either. I had 4 molars pulled before my braces so I had room for my wisdom teeth and they all came in straight, so I got to keep them.

Anyway, good luck again!!
TickleMonster 03:54 PM 07-01-2014
Surgery went great and I am home resting. Thanks for the encouragement! I don't feel too bad right now so am hoping healing is quick and easy.
TickleMonster 03:57 PM 07-01-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Good luck! My 19 & 15 yr olds need theirs out and I'm terrified of nursing them after - I'm NOT good with that kind of thing. I haven't had experience with it either. I had 4 molars pulled before my braces so I had room for my wisdom teeth and they all came in straight, so I got to keep them.

Anyway, good luck again!!
My advice is to get your kids out now instead of waiting longer. I was supposed to have mine done as a teenager but I was too scared and my mother didn't put her foot down like she should of. Now 10 years later, the teeth were cracking and falling out in pieces and very painful. So get it done soon.
Reply Up