Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>I'm Looking For New Dip Ideas
flossie 03:58 PM 09-01-2018
For fruit I have been making just a vanilla yogurt, peanut butter and cinnamon dip. The kids love it. But with my boss ordering blueberry or strawberry yogurt, I figure I should have other options.

I've made a homemade dill dip for veggies, as well as a bean dip a couple of times. They also really like ranch for their raw vegetables. We tried hummus. Very, very few liked that one.

I saw in another post someone mentioned honey mustard as a vegetable dip. Is this homemade or a bottled sauce?

What do your kids like and do you have recipes you'd like to share for either fruit or veggie dips?
LysesKids 05:14 AM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by flossie:
For fruit I have been making just a vanilla yogurt, peanut butter and cinnamon dip. The kids love it. But with my boss ordering blueberry or strawberry yogurt, I figure I should have other options.

I've made a homemade dill dip for veggies, as well as a bean dip a couple of times. They also really like ranch for their raw vegetables. We tried hummus. Very, very few liked that one.

I saw in another post someone mentioned honey mustard as a vegetable dip. Is this homemade or a bottled sauce?

What do your kids like and do you have recipes you'd like to share for either fruit or veggie dips?
How about a Tahini dip with pita bread? And thankfully my littles like hummus lol - you can change the flavor by adding certain pureed veg to it; we do mainly ethnic foods for meals so it's normal to my babes too. I personally make my own honey mustard for dipping, that way I can control how sweet it is (I use brown mustard, not yellow)
flossie 01:18 PM 09-04-2018
I'm thinking it must be mayo, brown mustard and honey. Do you have a recipe or do you just eye-ball and taste-test?
Tags:dip
Reply Up