Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Disruptive Child
Unregistered 11:16 AM 11-15-2019
I have a 3 yr old kid in my daycare who just has to cause problems. He will play okay for a while but then he starts picking on the other kids like yanking their toys away, laying across whatever they are playing with, kicking the toys, things like that. I don’t think he’s bored. When I try redirecting him he screams at me and goes into a big fit. I can’t understand why he does this. Any ideas?
Jo123ABC 01:10 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a 3 yr old kid in my daycare who just has to cause problems. He will play okay for a while but then he starts picking on the other kids like yanking their toys away, laying across whatever they are playing with, kicking the toys, things like that. I don’t think he’s bored. When I try redirecting him he screams at me and goes into a big fit. I can’t understand why he does this. Any ideas?
Lots of time out or a separate play area. I have one like this. He has good days and bad days. I absolutely have to separate him or the others will get mad and he will end up hurt. I've been dealing with it for a year and a half and it's just his personality/home life. He's gotten better but they still don't trust him to play with them for long because when he gets excited, he gets aggressive or pesters them. I've heard his brother is operating a fight club in kindergarten this year so his behavior is not too surprising.
Tags:3 year old, bully, disruptive behavior, physical activity, redirection
Reply Up