Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-25-2019, 12:53 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default More forms vs Parent Handbook

We are in the process of opening a center. I just finished the parent handbook. As I am looking over the state information, it states that I have to hand out and get signatures for the following:
Discipline rules, expulsion and social media rules.
If its is already in the handbook and they sign that they received it and read it and date it, does that work? Or do I actually have to pull each of that information out....again....and make a separate paper for each and have them sign an agreement for each? (I am getting a headache!!! )
Old 11-25-2019, 02:26 PM
Daycare.com Member

We have things like that too in WI. I have them all listed at the end of the contract with a place for them to initial, right above their signature. For example:

I/We have read and understand the center's discipline rules. _______ (initial)
I/We have read and understand the center's expulsion rules.
_______ (initial)
I/We have read and understand the center's social media rules. _______ (initial)
_________________________________ (Parent/Guardian signature)
Old 11-26-2019, 09:56 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

My rules are ridiculous, too. I started giving the parents two copies upon enrollment. One to keep and one to intial each section, sign and return. Each paragraph section has an initial line and the first sentence states they have been given two identical copies one to keep, one to fill out and return.

I then have the exact hard copy they have at home but with signatures. This comes in handy when updating policies so you know which parents need to fill out new paperwork and which ones do not. It also makes it difficult for them to say they did not see that policy when you send a quick cell phone shot of their initials right next to the paragraph they are claiming to have not seen.

Tags
parent handbook