Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not What I Had Planned
Thriftylady 02:21 PM 01-18-2016
I just got a call about the dog I rehomed last spring. Sweet dog, love him to death, but he was excitable and hyper so I didn't have him around the daycare kiddos. I finally found him an awesome home, he gets walked daily and played with a lot. The new owners called me an hour or so ago. He lost his job a couple of months ago, lost their car and are being evicted. They asked if we could take him back until they get back on their feet. They are hoping it will only be a couple of months. Of course I said yes, I love Tyson to death, it was a sacrifice in love to rehome him to begin with. Hubby is home tonight so when the kids leave we are going to get him. Even DD is very excited. I am thinking I will gate off the dining room when we are not using it so he can have my bedroom, bathroom and the dining room to be in when kids are here. Keeping him is not really a good option, but hopefully he will go back soon. I guess I am not sure why I am even posting, I am excited in some ways, but worried for the poor pup in others.
Second Home 02:52 PM 01-18-2016
You are doing a wonderful thing by taking him back until they get back on their feet .
Ariana 04:46 PM 01-18-2016
Wow poor puppy that is a lot for him to go through. Maybe crating him is a good option too.
Thriftylady 06:08 PM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Wow poor puppy that is a lot for him to go through. Maybe crating him is a good option too.
He will crate, and I still have his crate, but he always seemed so sad in it. That is his big problem really he loves people to much and won't leave you alone. And with the kids if they get hyper, so does he. So if they run, he will chase and end up running them over. He really is a good dog, but somewhat high strung.
Josiegirl 02:12 AM 01-19-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
He will crate, and I still have his crate, but he always seemed so sad in it. That is his big problem really he loves people to much and won't leave you alone. And with the kids if they get hyper, so does he. So if they run, he will chase and end up running them over. He really is a good dog, but somewhat high strung.
I have a dog just like that. She loves the kids and being around her 'family'. She stays in my bedroom part of the day but the rest of the day she's out with us. After the initial greetings of everyone in the morning, she seems to calm down and mainly just follows everybody around. She's a jumper but only with older kids(which I have none now) and adults(which I don't allow her to be around).

That dog is older now so maybe he's calmed down a bit? I'll bet everything will be fine and he'll be so glad to be back with you. I'm glad you said yes.
Reply Up