Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fee Schedule Question
Nickel 06:02 PM 07-08-2012
I've looked over tons of posts where providers charge for their vacation. I'm not arguing that point here.

But for myself I was thinking of charging everyone the same amount for holidays and sick days. But I was going to take two weeks unpaid vacation per year. Basically five sick days and a one week vacation.

Because I'll be working primarily with military that get paid on the 1st and 15th I was going to offer the following options (because military only gets 24 pay checks per year where someone that gets biweekly gets 26)

Say for example my rate is $125/week.

Parents can pay the weekly amount of $125/week OR
biweekly payments of $250 OR
Two monthly payments on the first and the fifteenth
Or a monthly payment.

Now, for the weekly and biweekly I would Just have them pay the amount and when I took a vacation they would not pay me for that week. but how would I do the second week if my days are scattered here and there?

For the other two payments I was thinking of take the $125 x 50 weeks divided by 24 or 12 payments respectively. This way they pay me the same amount every single month and I and they don't have to worry about it. In this way I would also sort of be forced to take time off or give them two weeks of free care!

or would it be less confusing to just divide the payments up into 23 or 11.5 so that they would essentially not pay me for two weeks. But I could see how this would get confusing if they termed...

I was just going to take paid holiday in accordance with the base schedule (bank holidays) not the school schedule, but then take 10 days unpaid. Again, I don't want to argue paid or unpaid, it's just the way I want to do it.

Suggestions appreciated!!!
Up