Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Graduation" pictures
Unregistered 03:25 PM 04-08-2015
I have a few children leaving this summer. I always take a "graduation" picture of the child using a cap and gown to give to the families when they leave for preschool. The children are usually 3.5. - 4 yrs old when they leave and they feel so proud to be going to big boy/girl school. This summer I have an 18month dcb that will be leaving to attend a toddler program (finally makes the age) in a daycare/preschool center where his siblings attend so dcp need to only make one stop for all the kids, which makes sense. I was planning on still taking a picture to send home, but not in the cap and gown since he is going to a toddler program similar to what I offer, but just at a center, so my thought was he was not really "graduating". The had the other siblings so dcp is aware about the pictures, however the siblings left my program when they were older. Also this dcb doesn't like taking pictures much less having to try having him wear a cap and gown. What are your thoughts?
NeedaVaca 04:07 PM 04-08-2015
I will only do a "graduation" for those leaving my program for Kindy. If they leave for other reasons then they aren't really graduating they are choosing to leave. I have no problem making the last day special, maybe some cupcakes and a goodbye from their friends here but no special "graduation".
Unregistered 04:21 PM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I will only do a "graduation" for those leaving my program for Kindy. If they leave for other reasons then they aren't really graduating they are choosing to leave. I have no problem making the last day special, maybe some cupcakes and a goodbye from their friends here but no special "graduation".
Thanks NeedaVaca that's what I was thinking. When I was telling friends this, they started making me over think the whole situation especially since this dcp always expects "special" treatment. The kids that wear the cap and gown are the ones that are leaving because they are aging out of my program, in essence they have to leave, and have been with me for at least 3 -4 years, so it is a big deal that they are moving on. This dcb is choosing to leave to make it easier on the dcp for drop off and pick up. I am still planning on having a special good-bye snack and small gift for this dcb.
snbauser 05:02 PM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
This is what I would do. We always do an end of the year celebration. All the kids are included and get "certificates of completion" but only those going on to Kindy get cap and gowns.
Reply Up