Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toddlers Pull Everything off The Wall - Solution Needed
ECEVA 09:39 PM 11-08-2014
Ladies - What do you use to keep your displays up? Our twos and toddlers pull items off of the wall on a regular basis. Teachers definitely need more training but what can we do in the meantime? The contact paper over top is not working either.
Wednesday! 09:45 PM 11-08-2014
Following. I definitely need a solution for this also.
Josiegirl 03:31 AM 11-09-2014
Inventing something for this problem and the common cold and you'd be a billionaire.
I use those little sticky squares, even though they claim to be permanent you can peel them off when you're done with it. My only solution is placing things higher. It's a toddler's job to take things off walls, fridges, and the tops of shelves as they get taller.
ECEVA 07:01 AM 11-09-2014
My licensing inspector mentioned that someone makes a hard plastic thing that you can drop art work into so the little ones can't get to it. Does anyone know who makes this?
Blackcat31 08:06 AM 11-09-2014
Originally Posted by ECEVA:
My licensing inspector mentioned that someone makes a hard plastic thing that you can drop art work into so the little ones can't get to it. Does anyone know who makes this?

You could probably make one of these pretty easily.

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1415548797168
ECEVA 03:13 PM 11-09-2014
Huge thanks!!!!
Annalee 05:39 PM 11-09-2014
Originally Posted by ECEVA:
Ladies - What do you use to keep your displays up? Our twos and toddlers pull items off of the wall on a regular basis. Teachers definitely need more training but what can we do in the meantime? The contact paper over top is not working either.
I use mavalus tape.....I get it at a school supply store....it is re-usable and doesn't rip paint off the wall when changing out displays....I don't have a problem with toddlers tearing things off the wall but I really like using this particular tape. Good luck
Annalee 05:42 PM 11-09-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You could probably make one of these pretty easily.

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1415548797168
I have seen daycares with these in them....really neat!
Heidi 12:49 PM 11-10-2014
I've had the same problem over and over, and finally gave up having anything in reach.

My QRIS consultant mentioned it as an area of potential improvement on my first visit 3 years ago. Last year, she admitted that it was something EVERY provider complained about. I guess those of us "in the trenches" might actually know what we're talking about!
Annalee 12:55 PM 11-10-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I've had the same problem over and over, and finally gave up having anything in reach.

My QRIS consultant mentioned it as an area of potential improvement on my first visit 3 years ago. Last year, she admitted that it was something EVERY provider complained about. I guess those of us "in the trenches" might actually know what we're talking about!
Our score drops if we do not have appropriate displays on the wall meeting certain criteria like diversity, gender, math, science, literacy, etc.
KiddieCahoots 01:07 PM 11-10-2014
Velcro sticky spots & strips.
We use this for our pictures and weather and day charts too.
The kids are really good at hanging things back up now too
Rachel 04:14 AM 11-11-2014
I glued carpet on a half wall I have to make a "scotch" board. I laminate and use the sticky side of the velcro to stick things up. They pull them off but that's okay. Picutures of the kids I put in the cheap ikea frames. Put contact paper on the back and the piece of velcro and voila, pictures up the kids can take down and look out but are fairly durable (I've had the same frames for 2 years, a few have gotten broken and replaced, I buy more every time I go to Ikea and keep a stash). The kids' artwork is on a bulletin board high enough they can't reach, but low enough they can see it.
Reply Up