Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Summer Outside!!!!
thecrazyisout 10:31 AM 04-11-2011
So, I had been in the corporate world for about 8 years, and I always missed this time of year when the weather turned beautiful...I am so happy to be outside more and loving it...I think I need to get more items for the back yard though..

I have two cozy coups, a small slide and faux sand boxes (the sand is in two large bins (temporary until I get a real sand box), bubbles, and trikes...

In addition, I want to get some sidewalk chalk and a larger thing for the preschoolers to play on...I don't think we can afford a large swing set this year, so what items do you suggest looking into getting....garage season has begun and I want to keep a list of items to keep an eye on!

TIA,
DancingQueen 10:37 AM 04-11-2011
Big hits in my yard are.
Hoola hoops
balls
bubbles
chalk
ride on cars and trikes
the slide
the swings
but most of all the sandbox
so I suggest you get a big one LOL
Luna 10:37 AM 04-11-2011
We just got a water table and I think it's going to be a big hit. Maybe just a little wading pool and a sprinkler?
SilverSabre25 11:58 AM 04-11-2011
Step 2 Roller Coaster!!!! (If you have the space; it's got a large footprint, but SO MUCH FUN).

Ditto to a BIG sandbox--you might be best off to build on with lumber, like you were building a large (at least 6 ft x 6 ft) garden bed and then fill it with bulk sand and cover with a tarp each night.

Some sort of water play, be it a water table, wading pool, both...

Sidewalk chalk
DCMom 11:59 AM 04-11-2011
Being outside in the spring/summer/fall is one of the biggest perks of this job ~ at least for me!

The top three outside toys my dckids play with is the playset/swings, the cozy coupes/ride on toys and the Step2 playhouse. If I had a sandbox (which my dh will not allow!) that would definitely be in the top three. To compensate, I let them have buckets and shovels in the rubber mulch. Not quite as fun, but better than nothing, right? They also love the Step 2 roller coaster.

In the summer, I have an inflatible waterslide and jumper that come out one day a week each so they don't get sick of them.
Tags:outside play, outside play ideas, summer activities
Reply Up