Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kindergarten Readiness Assessment
LittleScholars 12:54 PM 06-14-2018
Does any use a great, simple kindergarten readiness assessment they would be willing to share?

I have so many versions, and I dislike them all. Before I sit down and create a new one for next year, I figured I'd reach out to this group.

Thanks!
Reply
Blackcat31 12:57 PM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by LittleScholars:
Does any use a great, simple kindergarten readiness assessment they would be willing to share?

I have so many versions, and I dislike them all. Before I sit down and create a new one for next year, I figured I'd reach out to this group.

Thanks!
Have you checked your local school district website?

My area district lists everything the Kinders should know/master before entrance to school.
Reply
Mad_Pistachio 03:58 PM 06-14-2018
our schools use Brigance. it's not bad, but it's... strange in some places. like reciting the alphabet: it should be recited, song doesn't count, and if a child sings, we are to interrupt the singing and ask to say it.
as far as I understand, state provided our DC with the tools to administer it.
I ain't doin' it.
Reply
LittleScholars 05:33 AM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Have you checked your local school district website?

My area district lists everything the Kinders should know/master before entrance to school.
I have and I've attended the trainings, but they just give a few examples of expectations. I also taught K forever. I'm just being terribly lazy and I'm looking for a nicely formatted one .
Reply
LittleScholars 05:34 AM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
our schools use Brigance. it's not bad, but it's... strange in some places. like reciting the alphabet: it should be recited, song doesn't count, and if a child sings, we are to interrupt the singing and ask to say it.
as far as I understand, state provided our DC with the tools to administer it.
I ain't doin' it.
I used this when I first started teaching and didn't love it. I don't blame you for not wanting to use it!
Reply
Tags:assessment, kindergarten readiness assessment, transitional kindergarten
Reply Up