Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Things You'd Never Think You'd Say - For Fun
Jazzii 09:21 PM 03-05-2016
What are some things you would never imagine saying??? Here are a few of mine:

1. R you cannot walk around the daycare with no underwear

2. Please clean off the bumbo and next time, don't pick your nose and wipe it- we use tissues here

3. No the (PLASTIC!!!) tray does not go in the garbage

4. Stepping on our friends is not nice

5. You need to go back in and wash.... With soap

6. Relax, its only a little bit of applesauce

My kids are infants (8 weeks) to toddlers (4) all day then 3-4 school agers in the afternoon
Laurel 01:26 AM 03-06-2016
Fun thread idea! Haha, I like the underwear one.

Some of mine

-Friends don't sit on friends.
-You don't need to cry over spilled milk. (I couldn't believe when I actually heard myself saying this old classic when a child actually cried over spilling his milk)

I am retired but still pick my two grandkids up from school and watch them. I ordered a pilates ball from amazon and my granddaughter just wouldn't let me see it. She loved it so I said "Hey, give grandma a turn with her toy."
Josiegirl 02:44 AM 03-06-2016
No, we don't throw our silverware in the trash. Or down the vent. Or at your friends.

Please don't poke her with your fork or you'll lose it.

Yes, I've seen Ariel the Mermaid but we don't comb our hair with our forks, especially after eating buttered noodles with parmesan cheese.

I know you love wearing underwear all day but we're going to rest now and you need pull-ups. See? Your pull-ups have cute things on them too!
NightOwl 12:29 PM 03-06-2016
My all time favorite:

We don't lick our friends!
Laurel 01:16 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by NightOwl:
My all time favorite:

We don't lick our friends!
Oh yeah, I've said that one too. Also, we don't lick our shoes.
mamamanda 03:11 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:
Fun thread idea! Haha, I like the underwear one.

Some of mine

-Friends don't sit on friends.
-You don't need to cry over spilled milk. (I couldn't believe when I actually heard myself saying this old classic when a child actually cried over spilling his milk)

I am retired but still pick my two grandkids up from school and watch them. I ordered a pilates ball from amazon and my granddaughter just wouldn't let me see it. She loved it so I said "Hey, give grandma a turn with her toy."
I've used the spilled milk one so much one of my dcgs heard me sigh after the third spill of the meal and she said, "It's ok. We don't cry over spilled milk, remember?"
Laurel 05:00 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
I've used the spilled milk one so much one of my dcgs heard me sigh after the third spill of the meal and she said, "It's ok. We don't cry over spilled milk, remember?"
They're so funny!
Leigh 07:21 AM 03-07-2016
Put your pants back on. Put your pants back on. Put your clothes back on (I had one that liked to be au natural every time we were outdoors). Please don't wipe your nose on my chair (or my pant leg). Please take your hand out of your pants (for the 13th time today). Please stop trying to swing from the curtains (which I finally had to just take down). We don't eat boogers. We pee in the potty only, not on the wall.
BabyMonkeys 08:40 AM 03-07-2016
Your fork is for food, not scratching your butt. - I have a 2 year old that uses his fork for everything except eating.
Laurel 09:25 AM 03-07-2016
Originally Posted by angelw2babies:
Your fork is for food, not scratching your butt. - I have a 2 year old that uses his fork for everything except eating.

Miss A 07:05 PM 03-07-2016
I never in a million years thought I would ever have to say "fingers don't go in butts". Lo and behold, I find myself saying this multiple times a day, to the same DCG.
VWMom 02:08 AM 03-08-2016
I have a dcb who I am sure will end up on an episode of hoarders
"We don't hide all the hot wheels in our pants"
DaveA 04:13 AM 03-08-2016
Just because the dog barks when someone opens the door doesn't mean you need to. He's trained to do it.

No we don't need to bring the ducks inside because it's raining.

The song is "Uptown FUNK." Say it slowly-F U NNN K!

If DW isn't going to play nice with the cars she's going to end up in time out.

My personal favorite? "No you can't pay for daycare in moonshine!" That one still leaves me shaking my head.
LindseyA 04:46 AM 03-08-2016
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Just because the dog barks when someone opens the door doesn't mean you need to. He's trained to do it.

No we don't need to bring the ducks inside because it's raining.

The song is "Uptown FUNK." Say it slowly-F U NNN K!

If DW isn't going to play nice with the cars she's going to end up in time out.

My personal favorite? "No you can't pay for daycare in moonshine!" That one still leaves me shaking my head.
Speaking of Uptown Funk, my 6yo sings "Up, down, help you up. Up, down help you up." Can you tell she grew up in a daycare home? Lol
Controlled Chaos 10:06 AM 03-08-2016
Take your shoes out of your mouth!
We don't eat spider webs
No more than 3 in the bathroom at once
Hands out of your butt (2 yo likes them both in her crack )
Ninja is an outside game
Please leave the table, shake off your bad manners and the come back to try again.
VWMom 12:15 PM 03-08-2016
Yeah-had to "ban" the kids from singing this at my home after a dcg complained to mom that the kids are singing bad words all day
Tags:daycare environment, fun stuff, funny, rules
Reply Up