Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What do you have in your dress up area?
sahm1225 07:11 PM 06-04-2015
I looked up some past threads and there were great ideas of things you could make (like tutus). I'm curious what you have in your dress up area that's not typical.
We used to have tule & the kids loved it.
Unregistered 08:12 PM 06-04-2015
Can't think of anything lol I feel like everything is typical somewhere haha. One thing for dramatic play which the kids have loved is 'oxygen tanks' made from two 2 liter soda bottles and duct tape. That can be used with an astronaut theme or a scuba theme. I'm sure there will be tutorials on Pinterest ..
Controlled Chaos 09:53 PM 06-04-2015
Dinosaur tales, variety of helmets, scarves, capes, walkie talkie, flash light, safety goggles, hand cuffs, badges, wings (butterfly and fairy), boots, sunglasses.... we have a huge amount of dress up so I rotate it in and out
Controlled Chaos 09:54 PM 06-04-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Dinosaur tales, variety of helmets, scarves, capes, walkie talkie, flash light, safety goggles, hand cuffs, badges, wings (butterfly and fairy), boots, sunglasses.... we have a huge amount of dress up so I rotate it in and out
Just realized I didn't fully answer th post as I only made the tales...oops
sahm1225 06:24 PM 06-06-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Just realized I didn't fully answer th post as I only made the tales...oops
How did you make your tails?

And I actually meant everything, not just homemade things. I have dresses, costumes, and dress up shoes. I feel like I need more but can't think of what else!
Luvnmykidz 05:08 AM 06-07-2015
We have tutus that I've made. Long dresses I've made out of tulle. Scrubs, construction vests, old Halloween costumes, robes, shoes in lots of sizes, and hats. Next to the dress up closet is a 3 drawer container that has pens/pencils and sticky notes (for doctors notes, restaurant orders, or whatever they choose). There is also stethoscopes, gloves, scarves, purses, small book bags, play jewelry, toy blow dryer, toy curling iron and flat iron, doctor check up kits, 2 clipboards with paper, a few magazines, old cell phones, and old bonus cards, old credit cards, and prescription cards. My dress up closet shares a space with my dramatic play area. So the play kitchen, cash registers, table and chair set and doll baby stuff is also in that area, as well as a construction bench off to the side and tools for it.
Reply Up