Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Scholastic
Unregistered 11:44 AM 01-17-2016
Does anyone here do scholastic book club? I'm asking, because I've done it since I was a teacher. I have a accumulated a lot of points and coupons. Anyway, I've always kept the coupons. Sometimes, they will say student, but it's never addressed to a specific child. I know for most of the time, it's only given if say the total order was say 100 dollars. You get one coupon. Who do I give it to if everyone ordered to get 100 dollars (including myself)? The other teachers I worked with did this years ago. Recently, I got a mom who is a pain in the neck. She got all of her order and a free book and a book mark and she said to me the catalog said free coupons. I said no, because there was a 50 dollar minimum to get a coupon. I showed her the catalog and she backed off. Anyway, do you keep these coupons? Would you give them a child if they didn't spend the minimum purchase to get one if say you had an order (including your own money) that totaled enough to give one to each child? Second, sorry this is long!, how would you exclude parents? When I first started (long before this child attended), I asked all of the parents to participate but most didn't. I was ordering books for myself. The mom noticed I got the books and asked to be included. Since it went well when I was in a school, I didn't think much of it. She is being so difficult, I don't want to include any more parents after her child ages out. If someone notices the box, how would you politely exclude them?
Luvnmykidz 01:44 PM 01-17-2016
If parents order the required amount to get the coupon I give them the coupon. If they don't then I keep the coupons and distribute them when children turn in completed reading logs for the month. I am not sure how to exclude people though.
Thriftylady 02:05 PM 01-17-2016
I just wish my parents would use the darn program so I could get some free books! What you could do is use the coupon and apply the discount to the whole order, everyone gets a small discount then.
Blackcat31 07:47 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Does anyone here do scholastic book club? I'm asking, because I've done it since I was a teacher. I have a accumulated a lot of points and coupons. Anyway, I've always kept the coupons. Sometimes, they will say student, but it's never addressed to a specific child. I know for most of the time, it's only given if say the total order was say 100 dollars. You get one coupon. Who do I give it to if everyone ordered to get 100 dollars (including myself)? The other teachers I worked with did this years ago. Recently, I got a mom who is a pain in the neck. She got all of her order and a free book and a book mark and she said to me the catalog said free coupons. I said no, because there was a 50 dollar minimum to get a coupon. I showed her the catalog and she backed off. Anyway, do you keep these coupons? Would you give them a child if they didn't spend the minimum purchase to get one if say you had an order (including your own money) that totaled enough to give one to each child? Second, sorry this is long!, how would you exclude parents? When I first started (long before this child attended), I asked all of the parents to participate but most didn't. I was ordering books for myself. The mom noticed I got the books and asked to be included. Since it went well when I was in a school, I didn't think much of it. She is being so difficult, I don't want to include any more parents after her child ages out. If someone notices the box, how would you politely exclude them?
I give parents the flyers ONLY. I do not give them the actual catalogs.

From my understanding the coupons and perks you earn for submitting orders goes to the CLASSROOM NOT the parent because the classroom is participating.

A singular parent cannot just sign on with Scholastic and has to order books through a classroom so therefore ANY bonus points, bonuses, books, coupons and "extra's" belong to the teacher and/or classroom.

I would not exclude that mother as I FULLY support and believe in early literacy and the Scholastic program is fantastic for that but I would definitely let this mom know that she will NOT be receiving ANY freebies or bonuses unless YOU give them out.
Thriftylady 07:51 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I give parents the flyers ONLY. I do not give them the actual catalogs.

From my understanding the coupons and perks you earn for submitting orders goes to the CLASSROOM NOT the parent because the classroom is participating.

A singular parent cannot just sign on with Scholastic and has to order books through a classroom so therefore ANY bonus points, bonuses, books, coupons and "extra's" belong to the teacher and/or classroom.

I would not exclude that mother as I FULLY support and believe in early literacy and the Scholastic program is fantastic for that but I would definitely let this mom know that she will NOT be receiving ANY freebies or bonuses unless YOU give them out.
I thought we had to do it all online. I need to find out how to get the flyers!
Blackcat31 08:27 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
This the number of catalogs I got for January alone.

You can do it all online .... I place orders only online but still give the kids the flyers each month.

The kiddos love looking at them!
Attached: image.jpg (165.3 KB) 
spedmommy4 09:15 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
They didn't just send them to me. I went onto my account and requested the catalog flyers. I've been receiving them ever since.
Thriftylady 09:53 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
They didn't just send them to me. I went onto my account and requested the catalog flyers. I've been receiving them ever since.
I can't seem to find a spot to do that! I emailed them and will look around some more.
Reply Up