Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cleaning Pee off a Cot
Lovatic24 05:59 PM 07-23-2016
I got a new cot for overnights and there was a potty accident. It's made of heavy duty canvas. Do you have any tips for cleaning it?
284878 06:39 PM 07-23-2016
Vinager
Unregistered 06:50 PM 07-23-2016
Yes, vinegar! Pour on full strength and scrub then sprinkle on baking soda and let it dry. Brush it off outside.

I had to use this on carpet mt cat wet on. The vinegar will kill the bacteria that causes the Odor. That's what smells. Cat urine is very resistant to removing the odor. Vinegar is cheap and works wonders!
Leigh 08:32 PM 07-23-2016
I use an enzymatic cleaner (Nature's Miracle or Simple Solution).
Luvnmykidz 06:20 AM 07-24-2016
Clean with vinegar. Then odoban if you have any. They sell it here in home Depot and sometimes walmart. I buy the lavender scented one and wipe all mays down with it. Love the smell and it disinfects as well.
Lovatic24 10:18 AM 07-24-2016
Thank you for your replies! It is the strongest smelling pee ever. I will try the vinegar!
Unregistered 01:02 PM 07-24-2016
If smell comes back reapply vinegar/baking soda. It did take me a few attempts with the carpet. That said carpet is thicker and also has a pad so it's a bit more challenging! The cat also did this a couple times (Cat now lives outside!), so it took more effort but it worked well and it is cheap!

I know many have wood floors but this works incredibly well to remove general stains from carpet too! I couldn't believe that even older stains vanished with this vinegar/baking soda trick!
MissAnn 11:29 AM 07-27-2016
Just got to say it. The title plays tricks on my brain. The CO in cot, the OFF in off and the EE in pee meld together in my brain to spell coffee.....so I think you are asking how to clean pee off your coffee pot. EVERY time I see this post I think that!
AmyKidsCo 11:32 AM 07-27-2016
I mop up any puddle, wash with soapy water, rinse, spray with the enzymatic stuff I use for cat accidents, let dry, spray with vinegar, let dry.
Miss A 11:35 AM 07-27-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Just got to say it. The title plays tricks on my brain. The CO in cot, the OFF in off and the EE in pee meld together in my brain to spell coffee.....so I think you are asking how to clean pee off your coffee pot. EVERY time I see this post I think that!
Not gonna lie, I first read the title as "cleaning pee off a cat", and I was a little confused as to how a cat got peed on, and was not at all envious of the OP having to give a cat a bath!
MissAnn 11:39 AM 07-27-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Not gonna lie, I first read the title as "cleaning pee off a cat", and I was a little confused as to how a cat got peed on, and was not at all envious of the OP having to give a cat a bath!
Words do this a lot with me and no I am not dyslexic but I am pretty good at words with friends. .
Controlled Chaos 12:25 PM 07-27-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
lol my dd peed on our dog once It was nasty!
Tags:cots, pee - on cots
Reply Up