Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Kids Can Get Out of the Pack n Plays
cherryhill 02:33 PM 10-21-2010
so today the little girl I watch that hates sleep escaped out of her pack n play during nap, I was hoping it was a fluke but she did it twice now what?

The kids sleep in an upstairs bedroom. Do any of you use upstairs or basement and how do you keep the kids in there during nap? I guess I will have to transition to nap mats which I am dreading because I will spend 20 minutes up there getting her to sleep just so she will wake up 20 minutes later screeching like she is really hurt waking everyone up. Any suggestions?
My4SunshineGirlsNY 03:00 PM 10-21-2010
I don't have any advise but I know I will be in for it when my daycare boys decide to escape. They both don't like naptime and do wake sometimes...the younger one wakes more often and sleeps very lightly. There is no way they will sleep still on the nap mat.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03:16 PM 10-21-2010
we have to be on the same floor as the kids.
Live and Learn 06:56 PM 10-21-2010
here the three that are young enough to be in pack n play each have an upstairs bedroom and the almost four year old sleep downstairs on a couch.
that is amazing that they can climb out. never had that happen before even with my taller ones.....how old did you say she is...do they make pnp with taller sides......duct tape?! Ha ha just kidding
boysx5 02:40 AM 10-22-2010
get yourself a good book and read during nap time while you police them. I had to do this for about a week a few months ago when I had one dcb who would not stay on his nap mat after a week he got it and laid down and went to sleep like everyone else
Jewels 03:50 AM 10-22-2010
I had a dcb who learned how to climb out of his pnp at 15 months, It was hard, I bought him a tent to sleep in with a sleeping bag, a fun spider man tent or something, he liked sleeping in the tent, but I had to sit down there for a while to make sure he would stay, and still he would only sleep like an hour, Hes now well over 2, and still not a great napper, I keep him in the living room downstairs right now, and he can be such a problem, because I dont hear him wake up sometimes, and the first thing he does, is go and open the doors of the rooms that my 2 little ones sleep in and wake them up to play, I think I'm going to start putting him on the couch upstairs with me, so I can watch him, and just have him lay quietly until he falls asleep, and then when he wakes up, I can give him some books or something, and try to keep him quiet for a little bit longer.
mac60 09:11 AM 10-22-2010
I purchased this, removed one of the panels so it makes a square, and this is what I have been using to transition the difficult ones in to get them out of a pnp. It also works well for the climbers, as it seems to be a little taller, and harder to get out of.http://www.walmart.com/ip/North-Stat...t-Gate/8457890
LoraJenkins 10:31 AM 10-26-2010
Three of my DCB have learned how to get out of the pack and plays. What I did was to purchase some crib tents and it solved the problem. It worked for me.

dcb-23 month old boy
dcb 19 month old triplet boys
dcb 18 month old girl
Tags:pack n play
Reply Up