Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 kids, similar rash, odd places
Unregistered 05:56 AM 09-29-2016
Logged out for privacy.

2 of my dck's have a rash on their feet that is identical to a rash found on their privates/wherever diapers cover.

Neither child acts sick, or has other symptoms.

It's almost chicken poxish but it hasn't spread in 48 hours.

The best I can come up with is something got on their feet, they touched their feet, and then their private area. Both dcks try to touch themselves on occasion, adjust things and what-not.

Still, it's odd. Sound like anything else?
Unregistered 06:13 AM 09-29-2016
OP here...

Is hand, foot, and mouth possible? I've never dealt with it before. There are no fevers and nothing on the mouth or hands...
NeedaVaca 07:47 AM 09-29-2016
HFM is possible and doesn't always come with a fever...it's also very contagious. I would request parents pick up and get a Dr. diagnosis!
Baby Beluga 08:12 AM 09-29-2016
HFM is the first thing I thought of. I too would call for pick up and request a doctor visit.
Unregistered 08:38 AM 09-29-2016
I've called for pickup. Am I wrong, though, that HFM is a virus you can't do anything for?

I need some quick advice on when to let the dcks back in if that is what it is.
daycare 08:44 AM 09-29-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I've called for pickup. Am I wrong, though, that HFM is a virus you can't do anything for?

this is what I do for rash.

rash of any kind is immediate exclusion from childcare. I am not a doctor so I don't try to guess or let parents guess what it might be so they can stay.

if you have a rash I require visit to the doctors with diagnosis and treatment plan. I will not provide care for your child until you have done so. ONce I know what I am dealing with, it is then my decision to decide if I can care for your child safely as well as the others.
NeedaVaca 08:48 AM 09-29-2016

You have to let it run it's course...it's very contagious and I would not let them back into care until the blisters are dried up. Can range from 5-7 days. You need to sanitize everything...

Also don't let a Dr tell them it's ok to return to care, that is your decision!
Baby Beluga 08:48 AM 09-29-2016

It depends on your comfort level. I have heard some exclude until fever is gone and some exclude until the blisters are dried and scabbed over.
childcaremom 08:51 AM 09-29-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:

rash of any kind is immediate exclusion from childcare. I am not a doctor so I don't try to guess or let parents guess what it might be so they can stay.

if you have a rash I require visit to the doctors with diagnosis and treatment plan. I will not provide care for your child until you have done so. ONce I know what I am dealing with, it is then my decision to decide if I can care for your child safely as well as the others.
This is exactly how I handle it. I need a doctor's note telling me what it is and how it will be handled. Not a note saying that dcg is fine to come back to care. Not a note saying that dcg is fine to come back to care in 2 days. Diagnosis only.

Then I decide whether or not (and when) child is accepted back into care.
MunchkinWrangler 08:54 AM 09-29-2016
Sounds like HFM to me. I wouldn't allow the children to be in care without a formal diagnosis from a doctor. It's highly contagious.
MunchkinWrangler 08:56 AM 09-29-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:

daycare 09:01 AM 09-29-2016
HFM is a virus that has no cure for, but it can wipe out your whole daycare and you.

My niece had it for 9 weeks, one of the worst cases I have ever seen. She ended up in the hospital from dehydration due to not being able to swallow. My in-laws were caring for her and were not aware of how to clean her crib and stuff, so she kept getting exposed over and over again.
daycare 09:04 AM 09-29-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
This is exactly how I handle it. I need a doctor's note telling me what it is and how it will be handled. Not a note saying that dcg is fine to come back to care. Not a note saying that dcg is fine to come back to care in 2 days. Diagnosis only.

Then I decide whether or not (and when) child is accepted back into care.
yes, no note saying not contagious may return.

I won't take those either.

I would send home a note stating your expectations of what you are expecting from the doctor, that way the parent does not have a huge fit when they show up with a note that says not contagious or such.
Reply Up