Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fall & Halloween Craft Ideas
Christina72684 07:16 PM 09-15-2011
I've only been opened 3 months, and the fall is my favorite time of the year, so I can't wait to do some seasonal crafts with the kids. But I have no clue what to do! What works best with 1-3 year olds? What's easy and cute? I have lots of paints, colored paper, glitter, felt, yarn, and many other craft supplies but have no clue what to do with them!
MamaBearCW 07:28 PM 09-15-2011
One of my favorite for the fall season is the Turkey for Thanksgiving. The one that you make with the childs hand print. There is several different versions. I like the one with paint prints. But I also like the one that you cut out the hand and add colorful feathers for the turkeys fantail. The pilgrim hats as well as a sit down feast to go with it. For halloween, I love anything pumkins. I think I seen a craft once that took one of those tiny water bottles and painted them orange, sticker eyes nose mouth thing.
Carissa
MyAngels 08:56 PM 09-15-2011
We made fall trees today. For the littlest ones I drew the outline of a tree trunk on construction paper and had them glue different colored tissue paper squares for the fall leaves. The older ones drew their own trees and glued the tissue paper for both the leaves, and brown for the tree trunk as well. Simple, but they always have fun just gluing anything and everything .
Pammie 03:41 AM 09-16-2011
One of my favorites is to do a fall tree too.

I paint the child's hand and entire forearm up to their elbow with brown paint and then they press onto paper, making the whole tree (trunk and branches) then they finger dip the leaves with yellow, red and orange.
3kidzmama 04:16 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by Pammie:

I paint the child's hand and entire forearm up to their elbow with brown paint and then they press onto paper, making the whole tree (trunk and branches) then they finger dip the leaves with yellow, red and orange.
I want to do this! What size paper do you use that fits their whole arm?
DaycareMama 09:25 AM 09-16-2011
We did a fall tree to today. We used finger prints for different colored leaves. My fav time of year by far!!

You can also make: (If you google them you can see the images )

Using paper plates:

Owls
scarecrow faces
cute apples that look like they were eaten
Pumpkins ... you can also cut out faces and line the back side of the plate with yellow paper like their glowing

Sun catchers using contact paper: (love these)
apples
acorns

Paper bag pumpkins ... Stuff the bottom, paint bottom orange and the stem brown
Decortate pine cones and hang around the room
Later in october we paint pumpkins

Gosh I could keep going ..... Did I say I LOVE FALL!!!!!
mom2many 09:27 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by Pammie:

My 1 & 2 yo are making apple trees today this way! I use several websites to get ideas for crafts and activities to use with the kids. Depending on the ages that I have a particular day, I will simplify or expand on an idea.

Some of the sights I use are:
Kids soup.com
All Kids Network
DLTK
Preschool Rock.com
Pammie 10:45 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by 3kidzmama:
I want to do this! What size paper do you use that fits their whole arm?
I buy rolls of butcher paper at Sam's club - for us to use on BIG projects - I can cut whatever size we need
Unregistered 07:33 AM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
I've only been opened 3 months, and the fall is my favorite time of the year, so I can't wait to do some seasonal crafts with the kids. But I have no clue what to do! What works best with 1-3 year olds? What's easy and cute? I have lots of paints, colored paper, glitter, felt, yarn, and many other craft supplies but have no clue what to do with them!
Here is kite made out of brown paper bags that is simple and I did it with my DS who is 4. I let him do all of the coloring and and when we tried it out it worked. You can have the parents send their kids with an old brown shopping bag. here is the link for the craft: http://factorydirectcraft.com/factor...aper-bag-kite/
Tags:crafts, fall season - craft ideas, halloween
Reply Up