Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>18 Month Olds That Don't Eat
countrymom 10:49 AM 07-17-2012
I have 2 and they don't eat nothing. Well except the one is a junk food eater, like crackers or fruit snaks or if it comes from a jar (toddler foods) doesn't matter what I make she doesn't eat, oh she only eats banana's, but drinks alot of water, she steals the kids cups thats how bad it is.

the second one, doesn't know how to chew food, but can eat crackers. He will threw up food easily. I've never seen anything like this. I noticed something weird, when I lay him down his stomach isn't round and nice when he breathes in and out, its like you can see something sticking out, its like a long mountain dividing his stomach areas up, its hard to describe. But even my odd said it was weird. This is a kid who I really think has something wrong with him, he also walked late, and is now walking on his toes. Doesn't say more than 3 words, and it seems like some days he's in lala land. he doesn't cry when he gets disciplined, heck he just looks at you (he hit another child hard with a toy) I can't put my finger on it.
Blackcat31 12:28 PM 07-17-2012
for your junk food eater, I would simply continue to serve and leave it at that. No matter what you do, if she is holding out for the "good stuff" she will just keep doing that and will eat at home.

I have one who is similar. I refuse to reward or bribe him to eat healthy. He refuses most anything I serve with the exception of crackers and the like and I know his mom is so worried about his diet that she is willing to let him eat candy for any meal because in her words "at least it is something".

I gave up trying to 'enlighten' those kinds of parents years ago.

As for your other odd one, I would mention to mom that you ahve some concerns and see if she is willing to have him assessed or atleast have a full physical through his pediatrician.

It does sound like he may have some issues. Sometimes parents just don't notice, sometimes because they choose not to and sometimes because they just don't know what the normal range is....kwim?
Meyou 12:35 PM 07-17-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
for your junk food eater, I would simply continue to serve and leave it at that. No matter what you do, if she is holding out for the "good stuff" she will just keep doing that and will eat at home.

I have one who is similar. I refuse to reward or bribe him to eat healthy. He refuses most anything I serve with the exception of crackers and the like and I know his mom is so worried about his diet that she is willing to let him eat candy for any meal because in her words "at least it is something".

I gave up trying to 'enlighten' those kinds of parents years ago.

As for your other odd one, I would mention to mom that you ahve some concerns and see if she is willing to have him assessed or atleast have a full physical through his pediatrician.

It does sound like he may have some issues. Sometimes parents just don't notice, sometimes because they choose not to and sometimes because they just don't know what the normal range is....kwim?
I agree with blackcat. Also, can you temporarily put the cups up higher so she has no access without asking so she isn't stealing them anymore?
countrymom 02:00 PM 07-17-2012
ok, so I'm not the only one who has problems with this. I just dont understand how you wouldn't want to eat pasta or an apple. my own kids were never like this.
pootmcgoot 03:22 PM 07-17-2012
I'd serve them and if they refuse, they'll eat when they get home. Simple.

If they cry for food, welp they should of eaten when it was offered. Natural consequence. They won't starve. Currently I'm doing this with my own kid. She either gets with the program or goes hungry. Eventually she will be hungry enough to eat anything. She's stubborn as all get out but I am more stubborn AND I buy the groceries. LOL.
Tags:won't eat
Reply Up